4 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2006 8:53 AM by Newsgroup_User

Box Around Flash Movie

Cloudbrk Level 1
      On my flash movies when I post them to the web, there is a box around the movie and then it says "Click to Activate and Use the Control". Why is it doing this and how can I get it to stop?
        • 1. Re: Box Around Flash Movie
          BishopNeo
          I'm guessing your using IE. If yes then the problem is a result of a recent update pushed out by Microsoft. The fix is very easy, put the object and embed tags inside a document.write call in an external javascript file. Check here for the Adobe Active content fix and more explaination in the changes in IE
          • 2. Re: Box Around Flash Movie
            Cloudbrk Level 1
            Thanks BishopNeo. That did it!

I appreciate the quick response!! You rock!
            • 3. Re: Box Around Flash Movie
              Level 7
              For more comprehensive information with several solutions (some much easier
              to implement) see http://activecontent.blogspot.com

(and the hundreds of posts already in this forum that you must have failed
              to search for before asking the same question that's been addressed so many
              times already)
              --
              Jeckyl

• 4. Re: Box Around Flash Movie
                Level 7
                my 1st reaction is that these posts are just a funny joke - since about every 8th post is on this
                exact topic nowadays
                My newsreader is actually downloading them as the same thread because they share the same subject
                line - usually that happens with subects like "HELP!" or "URGENT!" lol

--> Adobe Certified Expert *ACE*
                --> www.mudbubble.com
                --> www.keyframer.com

Cloudbrk wrote:
                > On my flash movies when I post them to the web, there is a box around the movie and then it says "Click to Activate and Use the Control". Why is it doing this and how can I get it to stop?