• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

<cfdocument> makes the broser download the file instead of executing it.

New Here ,
May 01, 2006 May 01, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a printable document page that is not working correctly. It used to work fine.

On one of the pages i have a link: <a href="printppot.cfm?ID=#id#" target="_blank"> Print </a>

When I click on this it asks me if I want to download the file. It used to just display the pdf.

Should it matter if this is in https://?
Should it matter if I have a <cfapplication> in my application.cfm?
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2006 May 03, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the source of "printppot.cfm"? The code you've given doesn't tell us anything about _how_ you're trying to send the PDF back to the browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2006 May 04, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Can you check if the browser has the plugin to show the pdf in the browser. If the plugin is not there, the browser wouldnt know what to do with the file and will ask you to save it.
Have you tried with any other client browser? If you see the same behaviour at all the browsers, then there is something wrong in the response content type. You should check the printport.cfm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation