9 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2016 6:45 AM by Claudio González

New forum layout

Jay Chevako Level 3

I see that we have been re-jived with yet another new style. The new layout asks that people start with the faqs. Why not provide a link to the faqs instead of hiding them under the unhelpful title of subspaces?
      Jay

• 1. Re: New forum layout
          Claudio González Most Valuable Participant

Jay, if a newcomer is clever enough to discover that s/he needs to open the Subspaces to open the PM's FAQs, s/he will also discover that the newest of the threads is 4 years old (I am not counting this as it is not a FAQ and it is not related with PM: Does Adobe have a program to design a web directory? ). Also, that these FAQs are not housed in any Adobe site, but in sites opened by John Davies after the collection os FAQs was simply deleted when the move to Jive. They are what John managed to recover from his records, and contain many suggestions that are now obsolete and links that no longer work. However, many of them can still be useful, so it could be a good idea to suggest in a more appropriate forum that a link to them is provided in the opening page, and also that laura's question is removed from the list.

• 2. Re: New forum layout
            BigJohnD Level 3

It's dire this new layout.

Considering I've been in and out of these forums for 20 years (since AdobeApps on CompuServe), this is the worst software yet.

Maybe I'm getting old and cantankerous, but I'm struggling with the jargon and navigation.

• 3. Re: New forum layout

Unfortunately, the newest version is even more confusing that the previous ones (who invented the clever names "Ninja", "Pioneer", ... instead of stating simply "XXX - YYY points", much more meaningful?). What is worse, it didn't correct any on the previous "features" about which many of us have been complaining for ages, like not taking one to the first unread message of a thread, for example.

John, maybe we are indeed getting too old for these improved (?) forums...

• 4. Re: New forum layout
                Jay Chevako Level 3

Ah so 3 means pioneer, but what does pioneer mean? 

I miss my newsreader, that didn't try to put half of my sentence on an old paragraph and would post reliably.
                Jay

• 5. Re: New forum layout

The most common definition of "pioneer" that I find in my dictionaries is "a person who is among those who first enter or settle a region, thus opening it for occupation and development by others"

Seriously, now, it isn't very easy to get to this information, and I don't remember where I found it, but fortunately I made a screenshot of it (and I still think that the names are silly and absolutely meaningless without this table):

POINT LEVELS.jpg

• 6. Re: New forum layout
                    Jay Chevako Level 3

Maybe I should mark my own reply as correct to try and boost my point level, but I can't really see the point.
                    Jay

• 7. Re: New forum layout

As far as I know, if one marks as correct any own message posted in a thread initiated by oneself, no points are awarded. Same thing if you mark one of your answers as Helpful, although it's not at all clear to me how "helpful" messages influence in your points count, although I'm pretty sure that the relationship is not direct.

• 8. Re: New forum layout
                        BigJohnD Level 3

Anyone who tries to navigate this site should automatically be classified as a Pioneer and become a Legend if they manage to post a message and find the reply!

• 9. Re: New forum layout

Surely you mean "any newcomer" and not just "anyone"? Otherwise, we would all be Pioneers...