7 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2017 5:06 PM by tiktiktiktiktiktikt232423

Beware of Adobe Stock offer

Spinkgi

I'm sure this is old and repeated news for some.

Read the fine print before trying the Adobe Stock Photo offer.

Like many others, I was sucked into the free monthly offer. I chose the annual contract, paid monthly.

Read the contract carefully. Unfortunately I gave the terms a cursory look. If after 14 days you cancel early, you will be charged 50% of your remaining contract. For me, this is $150.00.

Here are the terms from the Adobe web site...

"If you cancel within 14 days of your order, you’ll be fully refunded. Should you cancel after 14 days, you’ll be charged 50% of your remaining contract obligation and your service will continue until the end of that month’s billing period".

I will be paying for a service that I really have little use for it. Sheesh!

Can you help me Adobe???

Steve B.

• 1. Re: Beware of Adobe Stock offer
          kanikas17063107 Adobe Employee

HI Spinkgi,

I see you have an active creative cloud photography and stock plan (10 images / month) under the same email id as with forums.

Kindly help us understand more .

Do you wish to cancel the plan ? or Are you facing any issues while using the same ?

For cancellation the terms remain the same , you may also refer the links below -

Please contact the support through call/chat for the cancellation requests and the billing queries:

Contact Customer Care

**Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link above**

You may also refer to the help document below:

Cancel your Adobe Stock membership

Please go through the Adobe - Subscription Terms as well.

• 2. Re: Beware of Adobe Stock offer
            Spinkgi Level 1

I wanted to cancel just the Stock plan after the FREE trial.

After 30 days, I selected cancel through the web site. I was given a notice that said if I cancel, I will have to pay a 50% early cancellation fee of $150.00.

Can you cancel my Adobe Stock subscription and waive the cancellation fee? Thanks.

• 3. Re: Beware of Adobe Stock offer
              kanikas17063107 Adobe Employee

Request you to kindly get in touch with adobe support for cancellation ::

Contact Customer Care

You may also refer to the help document below:

Cancel your Adobe Stock membership

2 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Beware of Adobe Stock offer
                Spinkgi Level 1

Contacted customer care. They don't care. I didn't read the fine print, I understand, this is my fault. Just wanted to make sure other people are aware. Adobe pushes these FREE trial's on the the web and I'm sure they're making a nice profit. It cost me $160 to cancel. OUCH!

• 5. Re: Beware of Adobe Stock offer
                  Joonapuu Level 1

I recommend moving away from Adobe and on to Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo. Adobe has been greedy and lazy for years now. As soon as the whole Affinity Suite is complete, I will leave Adobe camp and never look back.

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Beware of Adobe Stock offer
                    elainel63842261 Level 1

I have just had to pay £90+ to get out of something I used once and I have also paid 3 months subscriptions! I too signed up for the trial and used one picture which has cost me in the long run more that a camera! These large corporations get rich off innocent people like you and me forgetting to cancel a trial.

I tried everything to get my money back but they are such an unfair company to deal with and are too big to be bothered about the likes of people like us!

I hope one day they have to answer for what they do.....more protection needs to be brought in for us mere mortals!

1 person found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: Beware of Adobe Stock offer
                      tiktiktiktiktiktikt232423 Level 1

I Have been a paying customer for a couple years now and on a whim went to cancel my account and low and behold find out I am also on the annual contract and they want to change me the $150 as well. They said I should have "received an email" about the auto renewal terms and conditions. This seams like a very Sketchy way to conduct business. I feel like it should not renew unless I physically click agree to being locked into another year of payment. They still will not waive the fee after multiple attempts to get it waived. Beware people, they don't want to loose out on your hard earned money.