11 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2016 1:14 PM by dj_paige

Raw + jpeg fine file issues with LR6

awilkes1981

Please help. I can't open my raw+jpeg fine files in Lightroom 6. I can open the Jpegs but not the Raw files. When I try to open the nef file in LR it gives me an error message about not being a camera raw supported format......can anyone help?

On my PC I have camera raw 8.7, Lightroom 6, Photoshop 5, and I'm using a Nikon D750 camera.

Any help would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: Raw + jpeg fine file issues with LR6
          dj_paige Level 9

If you have LR 6 and a Nikon D750, then most likely the problem is that you used Nikon software to trasnfer or edit the photos before importing into Lightroom. Some versions of Nikon software change the headers so that Lightroom doesn't recognize the photos. Try importing the photos directly into Lightroom from the camera card without using Nikon software anywhere in the process.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Raw + jpeg fine file issues with LR6
            awilkes1981 Level 1

Thanks for this. I think I did use the Nikon Transfer software, so i will try as you recommend and import directly into Lightroom.

• 3. Re: Raw + jpeg fine file issues with LR6
              awilkes1981 Level 1

Unfortunately this has not worked.

I can import directly to Lightroom for RAW files, however when i try to import RAW+JPEGfine then Lightroom appears not to recognise anything as being imported/downloaded. After leaving it for 45mins, all I got was a blank (no files) Lightroom screen. Then when i cancel it i get the message "Adobe Lightroom has stopped working". Is this a common problem? Or is there something in Lightroom i need to do before i attempt to import RAW+JPEGfine files?

• 4. Re: Raw + jpeg fine file issues with LR6
                dj_paige Level 9

Explain in more detail. Exactly what do you mean by "appears not to recognise"? What happens? What is the exact unedited complete error message? Show us a screen capture.

• 5. Re: Raw + jpeg fine file issues with LR6
                  ManiacJoe Adobe Community Professional

awilkes1981 wrote:

Thanks for this. I think I did use the Nikon Transfer software, so i will try as you recommend and import directly into Lightroom.

While we are working on your JPG issue...

While Nikon Transfer is not needed, if you still want to use Nikon Transfer, you should update to the latest version from NikonUSA.com. This may mean you need the new version of Nikon View NX-i.

• 6. Re: Raw + jpeg fine file issues with LR6
                    awilkes1981 Level 1

Hi,

When i say "not appear to recognise" what i mean is that Lightroom is not showing any files as being imported/download. It is just showing a blank/empty LR screen (see image).

LR is showing signs of working as if its trying to import, however after 45 mins of no success, i cancelled LR and then got a standard "Adobe Lightroom is not responding" message. As if the application has frozen and is non-responding.

It is perfectly fine when importing just RAW or just JPEG, however continually has this issue with RAW+JPEGfine. I desperately need to import a set of images that i've recently taken, and i just don't understand the issue.....?

IMG-20160419-WA0003.jpg

• 7. Re: Raw + jpeg fine file issues with LR6
                      dj_paige Level 9

Are there videos in the import? Is the destination panel on the right hand side of the Import dialog box present and expanded and a valid folder selected?

Could you please create a screen capture that is large enough for us to read the text?

FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video?

• 8. Re: Raw + jpeg fine file issues with LR6
                        awilkes1981 Level 1

Hi,

3 videos (each less than 30secs each), out of about 600 photos. Currently, i do not get to the point where i am able to select a valid folder. Below is what i am doing:

- Camera connected via usb port

- Turned on

- Lightroom opened

- Click import (on initial screen, where then camera device is recognised)

- This is when the screen remains blank. See screenshot1. I am unable to press import bottom right as it seems to automatically attempting to import my images, though it never actually gets to the stage of them being imported.

- This is as far as i've got, then LR times-out/non-responds....?

Due to the difficulties above i have then tried to use Nikon Transfer to import the files directly to my PC.  Screenshot2 shows that I have been able to import into my Adobe bridge program the jpegs (which I can then through importing in light room, open in light room).  BUT I cannot do the same process with the Raw files.  Screenshot3 shows the error message when I attempt to open the RAW file which was imported from camera via Nikon Transfer into Bridge and then into Lightroom....?

As a side point, i have also updated my graphics card to Nvida Geforce 314. series (was 8400) and updated to Adobe Camera Raw 9.7 (was version 5.0). Though the same situation(s) occur.

All and any advice welcome...?!?

Screenshot 1

screenshot1.jpg

Screenshot 2

screenshot2.jpg

Screenshot 3

screenshot3.jpg

• 9. Re: Raw + jpeg fine file issues with LR6
                          dj_paige Level 9

Try removing the videos from the camera card and see if the photos import directly into LR.

Using your Nikon software will not work.

• 10. Re: Raw + jpeg fine file issues with LR6
                            awilkes1981 Level 1

Still no luck. Still performs as above without the video files.

....?

• 11. Re: Raw + jpeg fine file issues with LR6
                              dj_paige Level 9

So just to be sure I understand what you did, you removed the videos from the camera card, you did not use any Nikon software to transfer or edit the photos, and it still looks like Screenshot 1 above? Is that right?

Are you still getting the error message in Screenshot 3, or not? If not, what is the error you are getting?

Have you tried to copy (using your operating system, not any Nikon software) the photos from the camera card to a folder on your hard disk and then try to import from there?