1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 25, 2016 6:58 AM by Bruce Bullis

Forensic Log in Premiere Pro

Dmiranda

I was sent here through customer service because i had an inquiry about some functionality that i though was built into Premiere Pro. The line of video editing that i do requires a strict log of all changes done to the footage and needs to be exportable in some sort of format. If there is anything out there i would really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.

• 1. Re: Forensic Log in Premiere Pro
          Bruce Bullis Adobe Employee

There's no way to track that.

The line of video editing that i do requires a strict log of all changes done to the footage

That sounds impossible.

Consider: I bring in filename.mxf, into sequence 01, which matches filename.mxf's codec. I can render a new filename.mxf, completely distinct from the original, with very modified footage (replace audio tracks, remove segments)...all without altering the original filename.mxf.

You might consider a Production Asset Manager, which can track changes to managed assets.

Feel free to write me directly [b b b at adobe dot com], if I've misunderstood your goal, or you have further questions.