3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2016 12:17 PM by srochi

Permission errors installing fonts in Adobe

srochi

Basically I'm trying to install fonts from FontAgent Pro, and the fonts are on the machine but its not showing up in adobe creative suite. When I click to install there's an error. It says its trying to install but it hasn't installed yet. I am the administrator so its weird that it won't let me install the fonts. If anyone has any idea why its doing that please let me know.

Computer: Mac Pro

OSX is Yosemite

IMAG1563.jpg

• 1. Re: Permission errors installing fonts in Adobe
          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It looks like a FontAgent Pro installer problem. What do the people who make FontAgent Pro say? Generally, when working with a third party plug-in, the first place to go is to the company who makes the plug-in.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Permission errors installing fonts in Adobe
            The Dark Avenger Level 1

It sounds like the problem you're having is with this FontAgent Pro application/software, not Adobe, so it would probably be better addressed at their support website.

Personally, I download fonts from 1001fonts.com, remove the .ttf file from the zip folder and then drag them into the fonts folder on my hard drive.  This results in instant accessibility in all Adobe applications. 1001Fonts is 100% free, I wouldn't be using it if it weren't.

• 3. Re: Permission errors installing fonts in Adobe
              srochi Level 1

I'll try calling the third party plug in and see what they say, thank you.

Edit:

They said Try this: On Mac

Verify Fonts

1. Open FontAgent Pro.
              2. Select the "All Fonts" tab in the FontAgent Pro window.
              3. Select all fonts (command -a).
              4. Click "Tools" -> "Verify Fonts"
              5. Wait for the font verification to finish. Should get a report after verification is finished.

Note: If you do not see a progress bar after clicking "Verify Fonts" it is quite possible that you have a corrupted database.

Or

Correct Potential Font Cache Issue

1. Open FontAgent Pro.
              2. Select "All Fonts" tab in the FontAgent Pro window.
              3. Select all fonts (command -a).
              4. Click the "Deactivate" button in the upper left corner of the FontAgent Pro window.
              5. Restart your computer.

Now test auto-activation.

I just moved the fonts to the In-Design folder and that seemed to work, but they sent this after I already moved the fonts into In-Design folder so its fixed currently without me trying these because its already working.