3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2016 3:23 PM by ssprengel

Lightroom CC 2015 error ""Lightroom can only work with reduced functionality"

marcl94149990

Hey guys, so recently I purchased Lightroom after my 30 day trail.. but when I try to launch lightroom a pop up message comes upon my screen and says "Lightroom can only work with reduced functionality" when Ive already purchased the real version.. I also did not receive a serial number when purchased.. I looked up forums and it says to convert Lightroom from trial to official version but do not have the serial number to do so, (purchased through adobe site) .. Can anyone help?

• 1. Re: Lightroom Trouble Shooting
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Did you purchase a LR 6, the upgrade is about US $80, the non-upgrade about $150, or did you purchase an annual CC Photography subscription that’s US $10/month?

Have you looked at your product & plans list assigned to your AdobeID after logging in to adobe.com and click on manage-account?

• 2. Re: Lightroom Trouble Shooting
            marcl94149990 Level 1

I purchased the annual CC Photography subscription for 10$ a month, when I go to my adobe and look under the products and plans list is doesn't give me any options except to see what plan I have.

• 3. Re: Lightroom Trouble Shooting
              ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you have the CC Photography Plan then you won't have a serial number, you merely need to login with the AdobeID associated with your CC Photography Plan.  Help / Sign In within LR is one way to do this.

You say you have the options to see what plan you have, but you don't say if you actually do see the plan listed or not.  Do you see a CC Photography Plan associated with your AdobeID?

If so, if you do have a CC plan associated with your AdobeID, then follow these troubleshooting steps to relicense LR:

Stop Creative Cloud 2015 from reverting to trial mode

If the issue is that you don't have a CC plan associated with your AdobeID then perhaps you have multiple IDs and you should log in with another one.  You can also try chatting with Adobe directly as they can view their server information directly.