3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2016 4:25 AM by Colin Holgate

Export video trouble - Adobe Animate CC and Adobe Media Encoder

Ulf_Axis

After creating a simple animation in Adobe Animate CC, I want to export that to a video file. Since the export will result in a .MOV-file, it requires Quicktime.

But I get error messages both from Animate CC and Adobe Media Encoder that the file is unusable, see attached screenshots.

export_movie_error_Media_Encoder.PNG

export_movie_error_dialogue_box_after_export_Animate_CC.PNG

output_warning_export_movie_Animate_CC.PNG

Is this because I don´t have Quicktime installed on my computer?

And a related question to above: Since Microsoft has announced that Quicktime player is a security risk, how can we, who is using a Windows platform, use Animate CC to it´s fullest potential, if Quicktime is mandatory as supporting software?

Is there perhaps other ways of converting your Animate CC animation to a MP4 or other formats, within Animate CC?

What other software do I need to convert the animation to a video file?

Hardware and Software:

HP Laptop

Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise

Intel Core i7 - 4800MQ CPU 2.70Ghz

16 GB memory

• 1. Re: Export video trouble - Adobe Animate CC and Adobe Media Encoder
          Colin Holgate MVP & Adobe Community Professional

The way the video export works is amazing. It can control how real time code driven animations are rendered. It's not surprising that it needs QuickTime to be able to render so well. I think for now you don't have a choice but to install QuickTime.

The recent news about QuickTime Player possibly having security issues may relate more to XP users. The issue in the news were reported in November, and in January Apple released version 7.7.9, to take care of issues that read like they are the same ones. But, that version is not compatible with XP.

As you're on Windows 7 you can install the 7.7.9 version, and be fairly up to date with security fixes. If new issues come up, and suppose Apple don't release a patch, just make sure that QuickTime isn't set to be your default media player, and don't go searching the web looking for examples of QuickTIme movies that are on dubious web sites.

In your Animate/video workflow you have no reason to open QuickTime Player itself, or to be viewing QuickTime movies in a browser, so I'm sure you're going to be safe.

One other tip, the export quality defaults to Medium. If you put this line of code into the first timeline frame:

stage.quality = "best";

the video quality will be a lot better. Also, set any bitmaps to be lossless, and allow smoothing. Even if the SWF of the scene gets too demanding to play, the exported video will be perfect.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Export video trouble - Adobe Animate CC and Adobe Media Encoder
            Ulf_Axis Level 1

Hello Colin!

Thank you for your help! Installing QuickTime worked perfectly! As it is only for backgrund use, and not for watching videos, my IT-department has accepted it´s use. For now...

I put the code in and compared two verisons and there was a difference, thank you for that tip!

But I can not find where to put bitmaps to lossless? But I assume that is only for rasterized images and not for vectorized objets, or?

Best regards

Ulf

• 3. Re: Export video trouble - Adobe Animate CC and Adobe Media Encoder
              Colin Holgate MVP & Adobe Community Professional

If an object is a bitmap and not vectors, it will appear in the Library. Click on the Type column in the Library, select anything that is Bitmap, and click the i button at the bottom (or right-click and choose Properties). In there you can set all of the selected items to be lossless and to allow smoothing.