3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2016 2:58 PM by John Waller

Why did I lose 18 GB storage with photography plan?

WillChill55 Level 1

Does anyone know why the photography plan which had bridge, light room, Photoshop apps went from 20 GB to 2 GB storage? Yet there is another one app plan that costs twice as much as photography plan with my 20 GB cloud storage. I liked the 20 GB but I'm expected to switch to one app at twice the price to get that again?  Any help advice consolation  would be appreciated. Anyway to just buy additional storage on Creative Cloud.  I have other storage options of course but the 20 GB was perfect for my needs using the photography plan. 2 GB is a slap in the face, especially because I had no notification.  Thoughts?

• 1. Re: Why did I lose 18 GB storage with photography plan?
          John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Photoshop Single App @ $20/month = Photoshop + 20GB Cloud storage

Cloud Photography Plan @ $10/month = Photoshop + Lightroom + 2GB Cloud storage

Which plan suits you best?

Note: a few years ago, there was originally a plan known as the Photoshop Photography Plan but that was discontinued when the Cloud Photography Plan was released. See Differences between Photoshop and Creative Cloud Photography Programs

Most people opt for the Photography Plan to get 2 apps for half the price. They have better value alternative Cloud storage options elsewhere such as Dropbox.

• 2. Re: Why did I lose 18 GB storage with photography plan?
            WillChill55 Level 1

Well, sorry for this long delay.  I called support and they understood what I was talking about.  The question was why do I suddenly lose 18GB of storage without a notification.  Your answer does not address this.  Your answer is a stock answer to people that are looking for  a choice of plans.

I had already said plainly that the 20 GB had been working perfect for me.  I appreciate your time giving this answer , however, it just flew past the intent and purpose of my question.  I did not want a new choice or to lose features if I was already in the plan (as you said a few years ago). 

I wanted insight on how such a broad decision to cut services affecting no doubt thousands of people was formulated as something pro customer. 

What it did was make me and others feel less trust with our creations and apps that I personally pay for monthly.  I have dropbox, again that isn't the point because 20 Gb storage within the Creative cloud desktop app worked just right for my needs. It was segregated in a perfect place where I knew that it was being synced and I didn't need to be concerned about losing data.  Along with my other storage solutions both cloud and on home disk it was a sweet and welcome integration of which I had been enjoying.  Suddenly, without warning, I'm greeted with a warning that I am way over the storage limit and my account needs attention. 

We'll never know, but did the person or work group that made this decision comprehend the disruption to thousands of dedicated users ? It seems not and again it gives the feeling that at least a few of the high up management is very detached to what happens here on the ground with the product and people's lives.

Again, highly unusual, but a phone call to support (which is extremely well fortressed behind multiple questions until one would rather give up and go on with their lives instead of playing mind games with the fortress question fairy., actually understood immediately what I was referring to and gave me back my original 20 GB of storage. Not so fortunate for others was it?

I'm in no position, nor have any understanding of the vast global buisiness of Adobe, however, somebody dropped the ball and forgot about a huge group of key members. This, ceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwompounded by a lack of communication before, during, or after the incident. 

You see how the  pre-fabbed reply of choosing the right plan was off the mark for my OQ?  I'm in nursing and when I make a mistake peoples lives can be damaged.  Adobe thankfully does not have that pressure but, one would think this entire thing could have been handled differently in many more satisfactory ways.  It's my opinion of course and the innerworkings just may not translate well to members on the ground. Adobe can and is expected to do better than to take up worktime and frustrtating minutes of members.

How about the cost to Adobe ? Multiple and frequent support inquiries were necessated because of poor communication, again, leading to passing on the cost to the consumer and not a cut in pay for the comittee, or idea man administrator that goofed up.  Of course, the cost of loss will be reflected in higher prices for consumers. That is why I asked the question and was concerned as to how it came about.  I'm a heavy user of adobe's products and I do not want to pay more, or lose time or have frustration.  Life is short. To many reading, I hope I've convinced a few that this sort of thing needs to be pointed out so all of us can continue to enjoy, create, at a reasonable cost the adobe products.

Thanks for understanding and reading this very late response. Now, the question I have is....going to another forum. Good day.

• 3. Re: Why did I lose 18 GB storage with photography plan?
              John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I had already said plainly that the 20 GB had been working perfect for me. I appreciate your time giving this answer , however, it just flew past the intent and purpose of my question. I did not want a new choice or to lose features if I was already in the plan

Sorry if your original question was misconstrued. Lots of similar questions are posted on these forums regularly comparing the various plans. This sounded like a similar one. Since we hadn't heard from you in months, it was assumed that you'd got the answer you needed. Clearly not.

When you called support and they understood your query, could they not give you an official Adobe answer there and then?

I'm a little unclear on what you've had in the past and what plan you've got now.

Are you saying that you signed up to the original Photoshop Photography Plan with 20GB? Adobe discontinued that 2 years ago so I'm not sure why things have suddenly changed for you now.