1 Reply Latest reply on May 4, 2006 9:01 AM by Newsgroup_User

HELP

profjoe1
      I have an interactive training CD and I am trying to get it to work on my web site, it was made with Director 6. When I link to start.exe it wants to download, when i link to Autorun it just shows the info, when I link to start.DIR it starts then says that I need Quicktime v 2.1 or greater (I have QT 7installed on my computer) when I click ok it says wrong path to QTW. Everything works well on the CD and it will install and play off of the CD Rom. I am new at this, so any input will be greatly recieved.

Thanks
      profjoe1
        • 1. Re: HELP
          Level 7
          profjoe1 wrote:
          > I have an interactive training CD and I am trying to get it to work on my web
          > site, it was made with Director 6. When I link to start.exe it wants to
          > download, when i link to Autorun it just shows the info, when I link to
          > start.DIR it starts then says that I need Quicktime v 2.1 or greater (I have QT
          > 7installed on my computer) when I click ok it says wrong path to QTW.
          > Everything works well on the CD and it will install and play off of the CD Rom.
          > I am new at this, so any input will be greatly recieved.
          >
          > Thanks
          > profjoe1
          >

Hi. It�s impossible to make it work the way what you�re trying. From the
          top of my head, here are a couple of possibilities:

1) If it�s for web, redo it from scratch in Flash (or Director).
          2) Put the CD ROM structure (the files you mentioned) in a .zip file on
          your website and let the people download it.

Good luck,
          --
          Agust�n Mar�a Rodr�guez

www.onwine.com.ar > Macromedia Director demos & code