1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 21, 2016 6:11 AM by sanyamt

Corrupt indd file

adamd61225027

At the company I'm working we have in this case  InDesign files (.indd) located at a file server on network folders. From time to time certain files get corrupted and can't be opened. Not from any computer ( Windows) It just hangs or crashes..If I locate the file on the fileserver itself I can't even right click the file. If I do that explorer crashes..The file seems ok for a while after I REBOOT the fileserver. I have had different .indd files getting corrupt located at several places in the folder structure on the fileserver

So this problem can't be located at a computer alone nor any data inside the file ( if so, wouldn't you be able to right click or copy/move the file from explorer?)

It seems to happen to files created with CS4

Any ideas??

• 1. Re: Corrupt indd file
          sanyamt Adobe Employee

Hi,

Please email your InDesign file to corrupt_indesign_docs@adobe.com and I will take a look at the document.

If the file is larger than 10 Mb, you can zip (and password protect) the file and upload to Creative Cloud account (or Dropbox) and send us the document link.

There are multiple factors both internal and external to InDesign application that can lead to document corruption which we are addressing time to time as we progress and would recommend you to be on latest InDesign version

Regards,

Sanyam Talwar