5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2016 9:36 AM by Peru Bob

Time Stretch

jennas38227810

I am just about done with my video but I want to be able to change the time line for each photo. I have tried going to expert tab on my Premiere Elements and I was able to change the time line for the photos but I have to do it one by one. I have tried selecting them all at once but when I hit the time stretch it wouldn't let me change the time. Is there any way around this?

• 1. Re: Time Stretch
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It sounds like you're asking how to change the duration of each photo in a slideshow. Is that right?

If so, the only way to do it for an entire slideshow in one move is to output the slideshow as a movie, then open a new project, put the movie on the timeline and apply a Time Stretch or Time Remapping to it.

The specifics of how you do this depend on which version of the program you're using and what your Project Settings are (found under the Edit menu).

• 2. Re: Time Stretch
            sagar4209 Adobe Employee

Hi Jenna,

In Premiere Elements, You can change default duration of all the Images that you need to import in a project. You can do this by follwing below mentioned steps:

1. Invoke preferences from Menu Bar> Edit and select General

2. In general, you will get "stil Image default duration".

Here you can enter the duration in frames and then it will be applicable to all the images you will import in future.

Regards,

Sagar Tandon

• 3. Re: Time Stretch
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

But this will not affect photos that are already in your project, Sagar. Changing that setting will only affect photos that you add AFTER you change this preference, right?

• 4. Re: Time Stretch
                jennas38227810 Level 1

Steve could you go into more detail? I think I know what you're talking about but I want to be clear so I don't mess up.

Thanks

• 5. Re: Time Stretch
                  Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP
                  The specifics of how you do this depend on which version of the program you're using and what your Project Settings are (found under the Edit menu).

Please provide Steve with this information so that he can be more specific in his answer..