4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2016 2:25 AM by lp21661117

Lightroom 6.5 not responding

lp21661117

A few weeks ago I upgraded to Lightroom 6.5 from 5.7.1 and since then when certain actions are carried out it stops responding.

1, When importing Canon CR2 files from memory card after the importing process is finished Lightroom starts creating previews. During this process the program stops responding. The only option here is to terminate the programme and restart it. Once it is restarted selecting the option from the menu to create previews the process completes as normal.

2, When images are published Lightroom starts downloading comments from the publishing site and during this process the program stops responding. The only option is to terminate the programme and restart it. By clicking on the refresh button of the comments tab the process completes as normal.

The operating system is windows 10, and there is enough memory and processing power to run the programme according to the task manager.

I have searched for solutions in the forum and tried several things those have been suggested for "not responding" issues but none solved the problem.

• 1. Re: Lightroom 6.5 not responding
          Akash Sharma Adobe Employee

Hi,

Please go to Edit>>Preference>>Performance>>Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor".

Restart Lightroom and re-import images from a different source.

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Akash

• 2. Re: Lightroom 6.5 not responding
            lp21661117 Level 1

Hi,

I did mention in my post I have tried the suggestion posted in the forum which included the above and as of now it is still unchecked. it has been for over a week and did not help at all.

I am not sure what you mean by re-import images from a different source and how that would help me with importing the CR2 images from the memory card of the camera. That is a basic function of the programme and creating the pre-views.

Regards

L

• 3. Re: Lightroom 6.5 not responding
              Akash Sharma Adobe Employee

Does the problem stops responding even when you import few images from your desktop?

There might be an Read/Write issue copying from Memory card.

Also have you optimized your Lightroom catalog from File>>Optimize catalog?

Regards,

Akash

• 4. Re: Lightroom 6.5 not responding
                lp21661117 Level 1

Hello,

Importing a few images or hundreds does not stop the programme but when the previews are created it stops responding. It is the preview creation after import that stops the programme not the import.

Yes, the catalogue has been optimized, too.

Let me put it this way.... I have Lightroom 5.7.1 on the same PC and I do not have any issues with it. It does what I want it to do unlike the 6.5 version using the same memory card and same CR2 files. But since you decided to stop updating camera raw files for the new release cameras of the V5.7.1 I had no option but to upgrade to a version that does not work properly. When someone purchases a software it is expected to work properly without sending the user around the bend. The 5.7.1 did just that, worked. The 6.5 have never worked properly.

Regards.