4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2016 8:08 AM by Bob Somrak

Compare view still off

witolds62691620

After developing: come back to Library and compare view still off. Is it possible to turn the compare view on permanently ?

• 1. Re: Compare view still off
          Akash Sharma Adobe Employee

Hi witolds ,

Lightroom compare view only works in Library module(except the Secondary screen compare view in Develop)

Could you post screenshot of problem you are facing?

Regards,

Akash

• 2. Re: Compare view still off
            witolds62691620 Level 1

My workflow:

1. Compare two photos in Library

2. Go to Develop module (change something and go back to Library)

3. Active view is not Compare but Loupe view

4. I have to change view

I remember LR5.0 did not have such problem.

• 3. Re: Compare view still off
              Akash Sharma Adobe Employee

When you switch to Develop module Lightroom only selects one image.

After editing when you switch back to Library, Lr is supposed to show only the edited image.

Simply press "C"  when in develop module to get the same view back.

~Akash

• 4. Re: Compare view still off
                Bob Somrak Level 5

Akash Sharma wrote:

When you switch to Develop module Lightroom only selects one image.

This is the way it worked in Lightroom 3 or so but they BROKE it.  Now, after exiting compare by selecting another module or selecting Grid, Loupe or Survey, at least 2 images are always selected. Many times it is not apparent you have multiple images selected except to look at the selection count.  There was a LONG thread requesting the behavior return to only selecting the MOST selected image after compare but Adobe ignored the request.