4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2016 9:19 PM by david_ho

How to install lens profile in Lightroom v5.7

david_ho

Hello,

I'm using Lightroom 5 (v5.7) and I have downloaded a lens profile using Adobe Lens Profile Downloader. It says the profile has been installed and I can see a LCR file is downloaded in the following location:

/Users/(User Name)/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/LensProfiles/1.0/Download/1.0

I have moved the LCR file to a folder called Canon as follow:

/Users/(User Name)/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/LensProfiles/1.0/Canon

But I still don't see the lens profile after restarting Lightroom.  Did I do anything wrong or move the LCR file to a incorrect location?  Any help on this is much appreciated.

David

• 1. Re: How to install lens profile in Lightroom v5.7
          Alfred Pennyworth Level 4

The problem is the Canon folder. The profiles need to be in the original folder to work. Move them from the Canon folder back to its original folder. 

They will also only work with Raw images too!

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How to install lens profile in Lightroom v5.7
            david_ho Level 1

I have removed the Canon folder and moved it back to its original location

/Users/(User Name)/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/LensProfiles/1.0/Downloaded

and I still don't see it in Lightroom after re-starting Lightroom.

I also try to move the LCP file to following locations but it doesn't work

/Users/(User Name)/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/LensProfiles/

or

/Users/(User Name)/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/LensProfiles/1.0

• 3. Re: How to install lens profile in Lightroom v5.7
              ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Maybe it's different on a Mac, but on my Windows they are just in the Downloaded folder: 

C: \ Users \ Steve \ AppData \ Roaming \ Adobe \ CameraRaw \ LensProfiles \ 1.0 \ Downloaded \

with some names that are gibberish and some that are human readable:

18a3efc335c04d469e14e0ef897cb22c.lcp

40fcb654e9824af5a662c840f0cd9c46.lcp

4c2f7a33a4a845528d8f1d564dfd91de.lcp

59aba559fbcb4051aac822ac765139ba.lcp

6-2mm.lcp

Canon EOS 50D (Canon EF-S 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS) - hacked JPG.lcp

Canon EOS 5D Mark II (Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC)RAW.lcp

Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II (Canon EF 16-35mm f4L IS USM) - RAW.lcp

Nikon 24-80 f35-56_09f488c058e64a66afce6c179212c787.lcp

The lens correction profile files that I have use an .lcp extension not an .lcr extension so maybe that's also a problem.

And as Alfred says, most profiles only work on raw files not JPGs unless they are specifically created from JPGs then they only work on JPGs not raw files.

Finally, profiles only work for the camera manufacturer that they are created for, so, for example, a Canon profile won't work for Nikon even if the lens parameters are exactly the same.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: How to install lens profile in Lightroom v5.7
                david_ho Level 1

Thank you Alfred and Ssprengel's assistance and reply.

I have figured out and it was my careless mistake.  I have downloaded the profile that is for JPEG type, not RAW type.  I have downloaded the RAW type and it appears in Lightroom.