top 2 hits imho.
1. fat32 only holds up to 4GB per file
2. AVG installed? linkscanner/online shield turned on?
here's my bam list for output module failed.
2 update Adobe updates
3.your footage may have video/audio errors. Can you render to png image sequence? Or
transcode in handbrake first
4. Use Adobe Media Encoder-instead of using the built-in After Effects Render Queue
5. Edit > Purge > All Memory & Disk Cache
6. Manually Purge Disk Cache-Preferences > Media & Disk Cache,” where its location is
displayed. Open this folder and ensure its contents are deleted.
7. Run (applications- utilities- console) crash report
8. reelsmart motion blur(precomp first)
9. VC Reflect(collapsed layers) from Video Copilot
10. any scripts/missing fonts
11. The 'Secret' preference purge every 5 frames
12. Remove file "AVI Importer.component" in /Library/QuickTime.
13. After effects did not have permissions to a system folder
14. Download "AppCleaner" - delete quicktime
15. file-save as something else.
16. are you rendering cuda? raytrace cpu /gpu
17. try disabling AVG's linkscanner and online shield because they block adobe for some reason. you can also try adding exclusion lists.
18. adobe media encoder gpu on?
19. fat32 can only hold up to 4GB per file
Yeah its the 4GB max size thing, thats the problem. I tried rendering it under a different codec and it produced a smaller file size (under 4GB) that worked!