• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will any computer system I can now buy run my CS5 Master Collection for Mac effectively? Please provide configuration details.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2016 Apr 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased the student/teacher version of CS5 Master Collection for the Mac in 2010 when it was the current software version. It is on a DVD set. I do not have a Mac computer as I had hoped. I have never been able to use my Adobe CS5 Master Collection.

These Adobe programs were very expensive and were also a dream come true for me, and I would like to be able to use them. I can now purchase a Mac computer. I am asking this question in order to get help in configuring a current computer system that will run CS5 Master Collection programs effectively.

I want a computer with the best capabilites I can afford. My budget is in the vicinity of five thousand dollars. My current technical knowledge is extremely limited. I need an answer that spells things out very clearly and very basically in complete detail.

If it is impossible now to use CS5 Master Collection effectively, then I would like to know that, so this uncertainty about my Adobe software need not further trouble and concern my purchase decision. My old windows computer recently crashed, and I need to begin shopping for a computer.

I would be glad to answer any questions that would help you address my issue, so please post them here. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 30, 2016 Apr 30, 2016

CS 5 you can install it on latest version Mac OS  , its not that impossible except for very very  rare scenario. But official answer is that  older version apps are not tested against latest Mac  or no support is available for CS 5 now from Adobe Support . But you can get Help here from Staff as well as fellow members.

But it is confirmed that CS 2 versions cannot be installed as they are Power PC apps. Rosetta is not available for latest version Mac OS.

now Adobe Collection apps are subscription

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2016 Apr 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you head over to the Adobe System requirements page"Adobe - Product System Requirements "

Check from the drop down list the preferred products you use save them or print them and take them with you when heading to the store, or refer to them when buying online. With that budget I am sure you won't have any trouble finding a good system for your work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my serious concerns about this product. I did try your link. 1) When I visit this link, it seems that it would take me to the system requirements for CS Master Collection, since that is what I select in the drop down box, but instead it takes me to pages of information about Creative Cloud with no system requirements in sight. 2) CS5 Master Collection is now old software, so the question is not what the system requirements were when the software came out (although that is good information to have). The question is, will any currently available Mac computer system and OS X version run CS5 Master Collection effectively now, and if so, what is that current configuration. I appreciate it that you responded. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. 

I tried your link again with the same result. When I got to the advertisement about Creative Cloud, this time I found a search box, and I searched for CS5 Master Collection system requirements, which did take me to a web page for the system requirements, which I should now be able to find again. I am glad to have this information, and it is not precisely the problem I am facing.  Let me explain a little the problems I encounter.

On a new Mac computer I would prefer to use the most recent OS X version that operates my programs effectively, since it will support the most secure environment and the most advanced functionality. I have been told that 1) CS 5 Master Collection will not run effectively under any OS X later than the OS X in the System Requirements, which is a number of versions back, and 2) the OS X version in the System Requirements, which is a number of versions back, is not supported by and will not work on the new Mac Pro. 3) Therefore, CS5 Master Collection will not work on the new Mac Pro. 4) I have also heard that some people are able to use these programs effectively on recent configurations. Information is very difficult to get. When I do get it, it is not consistent or is contradictory, so I am not sure what to believe. I came to Adobe Discussions for accurate answers from Adobe Discussion Members or Adobe Staff who have repeatedly experienced the actual situations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2016 Apr 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2016 Apr 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for moving my post to the most appropriate category. I was not sure where to post this.

I would really appreciate some help with this. I posted about three months ago, but I did not get any responses. If you are reading this, can you please help me provide more clarity in my question, so I am more likely to get the response I am seeking? 

It is a simple situation. In 2010, I purchased Adobe CS5 Master Collection for the Mac. I have never had a Mac computer, and my software has never been used. I can now buy a Mac computer to support this software. Because the software is no longer currrent, and because I have heard confusing things about whether subsequent Mac OS X versions and Mac computers support this software, I do not know how to configure a 2016 computer system  so I can purchase it and effectively run my Adobe software.

My question is: will any Mac computer and OS X system I can now buy in 2016 effectively run my CS5 Master Collection for the Mac? If so, please provide the details of that computer configuration in a very basic way, since I am not technical, so I can understand how to configure a system to run my software. Please help me out here. This was very expensive software. It has also been my dream. I really want to be able to use my Adobe software! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2016 Apr 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Serendipkitty,

Kindly refer to the Adobe - Creative Suite 5 Master Collection : System requirements

Adobe CS 5 is a very old software a, hence there could be compatibility issues as adobe has not tested these apps on the latest operating systems.

However, you can try downloading & installing the setup for Adobe creative suite CS 5 from the following link: Download Adobe Creative Suite 5 products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2016 Apr 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Bani Verma,

Thank you so much for your response and contributions to try to help me. Let me be sure I follow you.

1) Perhaps you are providing a link to Adobe - Creative Suite 5 Master Collection: System Requirements, because my goal needs to be to purchase a system with at least these minimum capabilities and features. Is this correct?

2) Perhaps you are saying that there could be compatibility issues between:  (A) recent Mac computer systems running recent Mac OS X versions, and (B) Adobe CS5 Master Collection -- because CS5 Master Collection is now old software. Is this correct? 

3) Perhaps you are also saying that because Adobe has not tested old CS5 Master Collection software on these recent Mac system configurations, Adobe does not know and cannot tell me which recent Mac system configurations, if any, would run this CS5 software effectively. Is this correct?

4) Perhaps you are saying that Adobe can tell me only that CS5 Master Collection will run effectively using the old system configurations shown in the original system requirements--if such a system from about 2010 that is still in working order can still be found and purchased. Is this correct?

5) Perhaps you are providing a link to Download Creative Suite 5 Products because my goal needs to be to "try to" download and install "the setup" for CS 5 Master Collection software at the link you provide . Is this correct?

6) Could you please clarify the meaning of "the setup" for CS5 Master Collection software? What is "the setup?" For what purpose do I need to use "the setup?" Is there a problem that one may "try to" download and install "the setup" but may not succeed? I am not clearly understanding this.

As I mentioned, I am not technical, so I need a bit of help to understand. Thank you for your assistance and for any clarification you can provide to your above earlier comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2016 Apr 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS 5 you can install it on latest version Mac OS  , its not that impossible except for very very  rare scenario. But official answer is that  older version apps are not tested against latest Mac  or no support is available for CS 5 now from Adobe Support . But you can get Help here from Staff as well as fellow members.

But it is confirmed that CS 2 versions cannot be installed as they are Power PC apps. Rosetta is not available for latest version Mac OS.

now Adobe Collection apps are subscription based like Monthly subscription / Annual subscription.

Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

But most of the users were successful in installing CS 5 version on Mac OS X 10.11 , there might little incompatibility . we may fix it.

For Example :

I'm having an issue downloading my CS5 Design Premium Suite

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2016 May 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Brucgovn,

This does tell me that there appears to be a reasonable possibility of my Adobe CS5 Master Collection running effectively on new Mac system configured with Mac OS X El Capitan, and that Adobe Staff and members will be here to support me with any difficulties, should they arise, and (YAY and double YAY) that Adobe may fix any incompatibilities. How wonderful! I took a look at your link, and since I have never used a Mac but only Windows PCs, this info makes no sense to me, but I hope this will improve, once I become used to the Mac.

I am shopping for a desktop. Is there any recommendation about whether I may be better off with the new Mac Pro or with the iMac?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines