What version of InDesign? What operating system? What kind of output are you attempting—interactive PDF, SWF, EPUB Reflowable, EPUB Fixed Layout, Publish Online, or other?
Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I have a whole bunch of
questions, but will try to begin with this information.
- Adobe CC
- Mac OSX
- So far, the only "assets" I have are the 1) Ai file for the map, and
2) a link to the (map/interactive panel) document which is a .html file (
http://www.seattlesampling.com/map.html). I have converted this into a
pdf in acrobat.
In my head, this is the flow of how I think the steps are to be completed —
does this sound correct? I want to understand as much as I can before
interfacing with client on Monday.
1. Make edits to the Ai "map" file>Question: What to save the file as?
PDF or Ai?
2. Open PDF in Indd>Make edits to sidebar>Convert the locations to
hyperlinks (new studio location addresses to a smart map)
3. Save the Indd file as a PDF>Convert PDF into a .html file
4. Output>>not sure if client wants a .html or other>>all I have to go
on right now is the link above which is .html.
Are you on PST (Seattle / San Francisco)?
And also, what time does your shift end?
Really appreciate your help, Steve.
On Sat, Apr 23, 2016 at 2:03 PM, Steve Werner <email@example.com>
I'm not on a shift. Almost all of us here are volunteers who have worked with InDesign for a long time. We come and go. And this is the weekend so there are less people here now than on a weekday.
But you haven't answered the most important question. With what modality will this be viewed/distributed: A web page, a PDF file, an EPUB, Publish Online, etc.? That must be answered first because each output method allows you to do certain things.