3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2016 12:07 PM by Chetna Srivastava

Lightroom CC Develop module is disabled

racorvese

I have a monthly Adobe Creative subscription and am able to use Photoshop and [supposedly] Lightroom.  I'm just learning Lightroom.  I am able to upload my photos, but when I go into the "Develop" tab, I get the error, "Develop Module is Disabled.  Please purchase a license to reactivate the Develop module".

The login for Lightroom always takes me to the "Buy or Try" window.  I emailed at one point and they told me to just choose the "I want to try" option and it will automatically work with my subscription.  There are 0 days left on the "I want to try" by the way.

Obviously, this is not the best way to get logged into Lightroom, because it cannot differentiate me as a trial user or a subscriber.

Can anyone help?

Thanks so much!

Becky

• 1. Re: Develop module is disabled
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Is there a Help / Sign In within LR’s menus once you start it up and get to the point where the Develop module is disabled?

If there’s Help / Sign Out instead, then do that, reboot, then Help / Sign In, again.

• 2. Re: Develop module is disabled
            racorvese Level 1

Thank you so much for your reply.  I tried what you said and I still have the problem.  I've inserted screen shots below.  Since I have the membership, it seems to be that I shouldn't have to go through that first window ("serial number" or "want to try").  It seems I should be able to just login through Adobe and go straight into Lightroom.  Am I doing this wrong?

Thank you for your help!  Becky

Screen Shot 2016-04-25 at 11.02.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-04-25 at 11.04.03 AM.png

• 3. Re: Lightroom CC Develop module is disabled
              Chetna Srivastava Adobe Employee

Hi Becky,

Thanks for sharing the information.

You seem to have Lightroom 5 version and not CC according to your screenshot.

The installers for Lightroom 5 subscription based and standalone versions were different and you might have downloaded stand alone version which is why it is asking you for the serial number.

You need to open the Adobe Creative Cloud Application> go to Apps panel> download Lightroom CC2015 from their and then, it should be under your Applications folder by the name Adobe Lightroom.

Regards

Chetna