7 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2016 5:42 AM by Steve Grisetti

Problems saving a project

bastianw15867559 Level 1

I cannot save a project in Premiere Elements.

Even though the project is rendered and everything is fine I cannot save it.

The harddisc has enough space. Further I cannot export the project to Youtube neither.

Other projects can be saved as well.

Please let me know if u have an answer or a similar problem.

Since Adobe itself cannot help me sadly...

• 1. Re: Problems saving a project
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

When you say "save the project", do you mean save the project file or do you mean export and share a video from your project? Have you got the latest version of Quicktime, per the program's requirements?

If the latter, which version of the program are you using and on what operating system? What processor do you have with how much RAM, and how much free, clean, defragmented space is on your hard drive?

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is it?

• 2. Re: Problems saving a project
            bastianw15867559 Level 1

You are right, Steve, I mean exporting the finished project as a file on my hard disc, which has more than enough space and RAM.

I tried other projects to export and it works.

So the IT is not the problem. It must be something project-specific.

Exist problems with projects where videos have been merged?

Else I didnt do anything different to other projects...

• 3. Re: Problems saving a project

If you give me specific answers to my questions, I may be able to help you out.

• 4. Re: Problems saving a project
                aoifem59966422 Level 1

Hi Steve,

I am having trouble exporting and sharing the presentation I was working on. It was taking up to four hours to save to my device. Could you please advise.

Warm regards,

Aoife

• 5. Re: Problems saving a project

Since your issue may or may not be caused by the same factors as bastian, I'd recommend you start your own thread, Aoife, so that we don't try to have two conversations in the same thread.

Also, please include me the details that I asked bastian for in your new thread.

• 6. Re: Problems saving a project
                    bastianw15867559 Level 1

What are your specific questions then?

I cannot export one specific project. That is still the case.

I will not use the program anymore as long as the case is not solved.

• 7. Re: Problems saving a project

The specific questions we need answered in order to troubleshoot your issue are found in my first response to your question.

When you say "save the project", do you mean save the project file or do you mean export and share a video from your project? Have you got the latest version of Quicktime, per the program's requirements?

If the latter, which version of the program are you using and on what operating system? What processor do you have with how much RAM, and how much free, clean, defragmented space is on your hard drive?

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is it?