3 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2006 6:33 AM by Newsgroup_User

external swf file loading issue

subinrhyme
      hi all, i have an issue with my swf file, I want to call an external swf file inside my current swf file. I did that correctly, but after loading my external movie, i used some scroll bar in my external swf file, that is disappeared Could anyone please help me out with how to solve this issue?
      my personal mail id
      subinrhyme@yahoo.co.in
        • 1. Re: external swf file loading issue
          Level 7
          I do not think you have provided enough information for analysis

What is "some scroll bar"?
          Perhaps the loading movie is hiding parts of the loaded external movie.

The solution is to isolate the problem with a simple loading movie that only
          loads the one external movie to see if the problem exists. Be sure the
          loading movie is big enough to show the external movie.

--
          Lon Hosford
          www.lonhosford.com
          May many happy bits flow your way!
          "subinrhyme" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:e3efqq$1rt$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          hi all, i have an issue with my swf file, I want to call an external swf
          file
          inside my current swf file. I did that correctly, but after loading my
          external
          movie, i used some scroll bar in my external swf file, that is disappeared
          Could anyone please help me out with how to solve this issue?
          my personal mail id
          subinrhyme@yahoo.co.in

• 2. Re: external swf file loading issue
            subinrhyme Level 1
            Please check the below url, that same script i used for calling external swf file.
            http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx/full_site.htm

For scroll bar I tried with different codes, none of them are working, after calling swf file. Please reply back, thanks for your comments. I am not good in action script, thats y i am asking ur help.

yes wat I am doing is the same, mine is also a complet flash site. In my site i need to put menu and heading are static, i meant it is coming on all the pages. i made one page with meny and the heading in that page, a particular place i need to load the contents. Contents i already made it as seperate swf files. Everything is ok but some of the contents, scrolling bar and scrolling images are coming. None of them are working, i tried different codes for that. but none of them are working. The problem is after calling the page, if i rendering the content page seperately it is working fine.
            • 3. Re: external swf file loading issue
              Level 7
              As for the Kirpa site, they have forum link on that exact page where you can
              discuss the site's content.

Loading external movie problems with loadMovie actions can be a few issues:

1. The file name of the external movie is not the same spelling as the one
              in the Actionscript.

2. The external movie is not published.

3. The external movie is not in the folder the Actionscript expects it.

4. Your movie has Actionscript with errors.

You also should see a message in the Output window if ActionScript cannot
              see an external movie. You need to use Control->Test Movie to see this. That
              will give you more information if there are error messages.

If you are testing in a web browser using the local drive and the external
              movie is in another folder from the loader movie, you may need to provide
              more Actionscript to relative address the external movie.

--
              Lon Hosford
              www.lonhosford.com
              May many happy bits flow your way!
              "subinrhyme" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:e3mg24$sqh$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              Please check the below url, that same script i used for calling external swf
              file.
              http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx/full_site.htm

For scroll bar I tried with different codes, none of them are working,
              after
              calling swf file. Please reply back, thanks for your comments. I am not good
              in
              action script, thats y i am asking ur help.

yes wat I am doing is the same, mine is also a complet flash site. In my
              site
              i need to put menu and heading are static, i meant it is coming on all the
              pages. i made one page with meny and the heading in that page, a particular
              place i need to load the contents. Contents i already made it as seperate
              swf
              files. Everything is ok but some of the contents, scrolling bar and
              scrolling
              images are coming. None of them are working, i tried different codes for
              that.
              but none of them are working. The problem is after calling the page, if i
              rendering the content page seperately it is working fine.