• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Redirect a form to a different mailing list

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2016 Apr 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two campaigns running simultaneously and I'd like each of the campaigns to populate a separate list.

How can you change a form / workflow so that it will populates its information to a different mailing list?

TOPICS
Content management and modules

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2016 Apr 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Campaign run based off lists, not the other way around.
What I think your asking is if you have a web form and certain events happen and depending on those a different list is signed up to?

If that is the case then you will need to code javascript to implement that solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2016 Apr 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, What I'm asking is -- where is it scripted to populate information provided for a specific form to a designated list. For instance, if I have a form that is collecting information about men's fashion, I'd like the information provided by the user to populate a list to be used specifically for fashion news. If I have a form for subscribing to the newsletter, then I'd like the information provided by the  user to populate into our subscription list. So, the questions is ... where is the list specified?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

So what I am saying to you is correct and you also need to understand how things work.

There is one single CRM, Any core CRM information of a person will get populated based on what you add into the BC forms. Lists are not seperate elements, they are just segmentation lists to use for email campaigns. No information other then the related person name and email is stored in those lists.

In the admin on web forms, once you have created any Mailing lists you can add those to the form for people to tick or write custom code to tick based on anything going on with the form.

So if you have a mailing list for mens fashion and then you have a form with that mailing list as part of the web form.

Using web forms to subscribe a site visitor to a mailing list

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. That's what I thought. The only way to subscribe ot a specific list is via that checkbox -- there is no way to subscribe a form to a specific list.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does not really make sense Scott. Those checkboxes go into forms so you can have a hidden checkbox auto selected so when a form is filled in those people go into a list.

So yes, you can.

Bit confused to what your asking for, sorry, your not clear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2016 Apr 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how to better explain it to you Liam.

Suffice to say that I was able to figure out in 20 minutes how to do exactly what I wanted to do, exactly the way I wanted to do it in MailChimp without writing any code. So, I think that it’ll be better for me to migrate my list management and forms over to MailChimp.

Thanks for your efforts,

Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2016 Apr 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But you then do not have access to the shared CRM data and options that brings. So that is a bit of a waste.

100% can do what your after in BC, you just need to be clear. If the above is not what you were referring too then it does not really make sense if my responses are not what you were after

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines