Are you working on a Windows computer? If yes, what is the version of your OS?
Please follow the steps below to narrow down the issue :
1. Launch Event Viewer (Type "eventvwr" in the windows menu search box or run box)
2. Expand Windows Logs
3. Select Aplications
4. Look for errors (in red), particularly Application errors
5. Check if the faulty application is InDesign, if yes, check for the "Faulty Module". Below is a screenshot for help.
Do share the details so that I can give you further troubleshooting steps.
I am using windows 10.
I do see alot of errors, but I have no clue how to know which one can be from InDesign. And I don't really get how I could solve it.
Would you mind to elaborate on the specifics of how to know which program is causing the error (a screenshot where you can see it mayby) and how to solve the error?
It still doesn't work unfortunaly.
I've sent you an email. Please check and respond so that we can troubleshoot further.
Then the second most likely thing is permissions on the preference folders.
Does it run in a different Windows user account? If it does, that will confirm it's a user account issue, in which case it may be resolved if you delete or rename the two folders in the original user account where InDesign stores the preferences. By default, these are HIDDEN folders and you will need to set Windows explorer to show hidden files and folders.
On Windows, the default locations for these two folders are:
C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\InDesign\<Version #>\<Language>\ and
These paths look very similar, but read carefully and you will see one is in Appdata\Local and the other is in Appdata\Roaming. If after deleting or renaming these two folders for your version of ID you are still not able to launch ID (or if ID never launched in this user) and it does work in a different account, you can copy the folders from the other account. You must copy the entire folder, not merge the content, so be sure the old folders are deleted or renamed first.
My laptop just has one user, and that is me.
But the strange thing is that all other CC programs work just fin, ID is the only one I'm having trouble with.
So that's the strange part, only one program from the CC won't launch..
Create a new user to test....
It was an issue with InDesign crashing at launch on a Windows machine due to MSVCR120.dll files. Below are the steps followed to fix the issue :
1. Reset the InDesign preferences ( From both local and roaming folders ) Please see : InDesign preferences and support file locations
2. Download the MSVCR repair files from this link : Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 from Official Microsoft Download Center
3. Download the first two EXE files ( x86 & x64 )
4. Run both of them one by one, choose the Repair option.
5. Restart the computer after you complete both execution
6. Launch the InDesign and you should be good to go.