4 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2016 4:58 AM by CDMBarcelona

Problem opening Intent with type "application/pdf" and no file extension in Acrobat 16.0 for Android

CDMBarcelona

I'm having a problem with an Android application that opens pdf files passing an intent having  "application/pdf" as type and a uri that does not include an extension (something like "file:///storage/emulated/0/Android/data/package.name/cache/Documents/Document20136000217 25840499999") The file chooser opens correctly but if I select Adobe Acrobat, Acrobat is activated but closes immediately with the message "No app available on the device to open files of this type".

If I select Drive PDF Viewer to open the intent the file is opened correctly. I have also tried adding ".pdf" to the file name and in this case the intent also works correctly with Adobe Acrobat.

Acrobat appears to be ignoring the mime type. From the documentation at http://developer.android.com/intl/es/reference/android/content/Intent.html#getData() this seems to be an error – the mime type should take precedence over the content of data.

The application is running on a Nexus 5 with Android Marshmallow 6.0.1.