2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2016 5:43 AM by mettek6987323

How to export a PDF so that non-printing objects show but don’t print AND hyperlinks on top work at the same time?

mettek6987323 Level 1

First of all - I'm working in InDesign CC 2015.

My problem is, that I got this 10-page-document which on each page shows an object that have to show in PDF - but don't print. I have made that object into a button and unchecked "printable". On top of that object I have made 10 hyperlinks (seperate layer) which each point to page 1-10.

When exporting the document and I use the Interactive PDF format the "non-printing object show but don't print" works fine BUT the hyperlinks doesn't. If I uncheck the "non-printing object layer" in the PDF, then the hyperlinks work, but the problem now is that the non-printing objects are invisible...

When exporting the document and I use the Print PDF format the "non-printing object show but don't print" does not work BUT the hyperlinks does...

I have set the hyperlinks to link to pages and also tried link to text anchor. No difference there.

So my question is: How do I export a PDF so that non-printing objects show but don’t print AND hyperlinks on top work at the same time?

Thanks,

Mette from Denmark