8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2016 2:43 PM by Kat.....Mow!!!!

App lagging

Kat.....Mow!!!!

Hello, I have been working on a mostly watercolor sketch for a while now and here lately the app has been very laggy. From changing the brush size to doing the actual painting, it is getting frustrating. I am using the Bamboo pen for the iPad but it is still laggy even when I use my fingertips. So I know it isn't the pen. I'm afraid to uninstall then reinstall the app in case my art doesn't repopulate. I can see the projects on the Creative Cloud. Has anyone else experienced significant lag? And any suggestions on how to remedy this?

• 1. Re: App lagging
          Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Kat,

Sorry that function's being problematic. A couple of things:

What version of the app and iOS are you using? And which iPad?

Also, if you like to uninstall/reinstall the app, first check that your work has synced to Creative Cloud. You can do that by logging-in, with your Adobe ID, to http://assets.adobe.com (My Assets - Mobile Creations - Sketch). If all your work, including your current project, is up-to-date there, you're safe to uninstall and reinstall the app.

But let me know what versions you're using.

Sue.

• 2. Re: App lagging
            Kat.....Mow!!!! Level 1

Thank you for replying so quickly! I have the iPad Mini 3: Version 9.3.1

and the App version is 3.3.1

I will double check to be 100% sure that my projects are backed up on the CC before I try the reinstall. I will let you know if that helps!

Thank you,

Kristine J.

• 3. Re: App lagging

Kristine,

I haven't heard any other comments about the watercolor brush lagging in this version of Sketch but I can certainly check with the product team if you continue to have trouble after reinstalling, so let me know.

You might, after checking on your work, just try a force-quit of the app, a device restart, then a relaunch. Sometimes that's all it takes. But... I still like to make sure work is synced before doing that.

Sue.

• 4. Re: App lagging
                Kat.....Mow!!!! Level 1

Hello, so I backed up my sketches and reinstalled the app. It was working fine for the first few strokes but then went back to lagging really bad. Even changing the size/flow is very slow. I am actually begining to think that it is the actual sketch file. I went to a different project and there was no lag. Do you think I should just save the file seperately and just paint over it (like flattening in Photoshop)? I'm not too sure how that would work either.

• 5. Re: App lagging

Hi Kristine,

If you're going to import it as a a photo layer, which, I think, is what you're saying, just make sure you preserve your original art so that you have it to go back to if you want to. And, while we're on THAT topic, would you mind sharing the file with me (I wanted to pass it along to one of our engineers who's interested to see the art that could be causing the lag you're describing). It's a pretty easy process if you're okay with doing it.

These are the steps:

Sign in to https://assets.adobe.com/ with your Adobe ID (you went there to check on your files)

Navigate to Assets/Files/Mobile Creations/Sketch and select the project to share

Click on Share/Send Link, then the button Create Public Link

Then, send the link to me at susang at adobe dot com

Sue.

• 6. Re: App lagging
                    Kat.....Mow!!!! Level 1

Yes of course. I just sent the file to you. Incase it sends all of the sketches, it is the one with the girl and kitty.

• 7. Re: App lagging

Kristine.

Just got it. And, yep, it actually sends the entire project. I'll send this to the engineer and drop you a note when I hear back from him.

Sue.

• 8. Re: App lagging
                        Kat.....Mow!!!! Level 1

Thank you! I really appreciate you for helping me figure this out!