0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2016 10:41 AM by kirker

FAQ: Can I use cloud services with Premiere Clip?

kirker Level 4

I have my assets saved to cloud storage. Can I use these assets in Premiere Clip?

Premiere Clip currently supports media from Creative Cloud storage (video and still images), Lightroom, or media saved locally to your device’s Camera Roll or Gallery. If you have media stored in iCloud or in another cloud storage solution, save the assets to your device so that Premiere Clip can access them.  In order to work with your media across your different devices, Clip uses a spinning circle icon indicating when files are being downloaded or uploaded to CC. The sync indicator will go away once the media is synced. You can then tap on the sync icon to see the progress. 

Is a downloaded audio track considered "saved locally"?

To use music or an audio track in your Premiere Clip project, it must be synced to your device’s music library (for iPhone users, this means synced via the iTunes desktop app). Creative Cloud does not currently support importing audio files into Premiere Clip. Also, at this time, Clip does not support downloaded songs from an Apple Music subscription.

Can I pull images and videos from Creative Cloud (not saved locally)?

Yes, you can download files from your Creative Cloud assets folders from within Clip. See steps below:

1. Tap + to add media

2. Browse and select My Files.

What file types are supported in Premiere Clip (audio, images, video)?

Clip on iOS supports all video, audio and still image formats that the iOS supports on that particular device. See Apple - Support - Technical Specifications page to see which formats your device supports.

Here’s an excerpt from the link above:

Video formats supported:

H.264 video up to 4K, 30 frames per second in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats.

MPEG‑4 video up to 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats

Audio formats supported:

AAC, MP3, Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV

Note: Clip also supports the import of RAW images from Lightroom.

If you have any more questions, please post below! We'd love to help.