3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2016 7:39 AM by wladi2310

Saving PDF on mapped drive after removing sticky notes

wladi2310

Hi all,

I have a strange issue with saving a PDF file on mapped driver, after I removing sticky notes. I can add a note, edit this note and save the file. If I remove the note, I get following error message while saving.

“The document could not be saved. Cannot save to this filename. Please save the document with a different name or in a different folder.”

The file becomes copied to a A9R1**********.tmp file. After 20-30 seconds I can save this .tmp file, but not before. Within this seconds I usually can not open the original file because the file can not be founfd.

I use Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Version 2015.010.20060.

My co-workers has the same problem with Acrobat Standard and Acrobat Pro.

With Acrobat Pro they can delete textfields, but with Standard same error apears.

With Acrobat Reader I can add and remove the sticky notes, no errors appears here.

I allready tried to uncheck enhanced Security, it didn´t help.

Can someone help me with this error?

Thank you for your advice.

Hopefully

Wladimir

• 1. Re: Saving PDF on mapped drive after removing sticky notes
          YatharthS Adobe Employee

Hi wladi2310,

Please provide the exact dot version of the software & OS installed at your system .Also check whether is there any update available for the software after going through "help > check for updates

Please Follow this thread to reset the preferences for the Acrobat software

Then open Acrobat, navigate to Help menu & repair the installation.

Please check by saving the document to the different folder .

Would like to know is this happening with all the documents or with certain one.

If the document is placed over a server drive then save it to the local drive first then try to check for the same.

Also check with the different user account to replicate the issue .

Regards,

Yatharth

• 2. Re: Saving PDF on mapped drive after removing sticky notes
            wladi2310 Level 1

Hello Yatharth,

thank you for your reply.

I checked the recommended steps, nothing helps to me.

I do not exactly know, what do you mean  with exact dot version. On helpscreen I see "2015 Version (Continuous) | Version 2015.010.20060". After clicking on this line "Version File Version: 15.010.20060.43353" appears. Further versions are:

• AGM Version is 4.030.00061.
            • CoolType Version 5.014.00008
            • Basicversion 15.2560
            • JP2K Version 1.002.00002.35592

The version of OS is Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1. After checking for updates only reader become updated, but not Acrobat.

I also reseted the preferences and rapaired the installation, without sucess.

If I open the document locally, all works fine. I can remove sticky notes and save without problems.

The issue happening with all documents on the mapped drive. As allreade mentioned, everything works fine with Reader and now, after update, with Reader DC 2015.010.20056

If I try to save the document from mapped drive to another folder (local or mapped drive) I get this error:

"This document cannot be saved. There is a Problem reading this document (118)."

(I translated this wording from german, so maybe the original english message is little different)

Regards,

Wladimir

• 3. Re: Saving PDF on mapped drive after removing sticky notes
              wladi2310 Level 1

Hi

i posted more detail on Stackoverflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/36917822/issue-with-edit-pdf-on-webdav

If I find a solution I will post it here, too.