4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2016 7:55 AM by Colin Holgate

Not all mp3 files are encoded to the h.264 video file

Pat Erickson

When I publish my Flash project to swf file, it has all the audio. When I use the media encoder to encode to flv or h.264, only the narration mp3 file is encoded... not the music mp3 file??? I'm using Flash Professional CC ver 13.1.0.226 and Media Encoder CC ver 7.7.2.29 64bit

I've tried different sample rates and bit rates to no avail???!!!!

• 1. Re: Not all mp3 files are encoded to the h.264 video file
          ClayUUID Adobe Community Professional

Is the music audio on the timeline?

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Not all mp3 files are encoded to the h.264 video file
            Colin Holgate MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Clay beat me to the question, which I was going to ask in a different way: are you playing the music as an external file using code?

I would hope that playing music with code from the library should export ok.

By the way, for converting an animation to video there are two things you can do to improve the final results. In frame 1 on the timeline put this script:

stage.quality = "best";

Also, in publishing settings change the event and stream audio settings to be Raw, 16 bit, 44.1 KHz, stereo. There no reason for your video version to have low quality MP3 in it.

• 3. Re: Not all mp3 files are encoded to the h.264 video file
              Pat Erickson Level 1

Thanks Clay and Colin,

To answer both your questions, I imported both mp3 files to the library and then created a separate layer for each one and dragged them onto the stage... as done hundreds of times before. The music file should start from frame 1 to the end. The narration starts about half-way through and stops at the end.

I have not tried putting the Actionscript setting to stage.quality = "best"; I will also try the RAW 16 bit, 44.1KHz, stereo.... however, I have tried all the other settings. It's just strange that the narration mp3 encodes and the music mp3 does not.

As stated before, the swf file has all the audio.

• 4. Re: Not all mp3 files are encoded to the h.264 video file
                Colin Holgate MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Dragging to the stage seems to work, but I've never done it that way. I select the frame I want the sound to start on, in the layer it needs to be, and choose the sound from the Properties panel. Then I set either Stream or Event, for the sound sync.

If you look at the Properties in the library for the sounds that don't export, is there anything different about them compared to the narration sound?