3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2016 5:24 AM by rickhedin

What to buy to make a text box bigger?

rickhedin

Hi.  An organization I am part of gives me pdf documents once a week to fill out.  The text boxes are too small.  I can't type in everything I need to, and print it out.  What product similar to Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat can I buy that will allow me to make the text boxes bigger?  I can spend a little money if I need to.

Thanks for the help!

Rick

• 1. Re: What to buy to make a text box bigger?
          Dov Isaacs Adobe Employee

I assume that you are referring to a PDF file with defined forms fields.

The attributes of the forms fields are determined by the person who actually creates the PDF form.

Your only option is to edit the form definition itself, assuming that the creator of the form has not locked the form in a way that would prevent you from doing such edits (including changing the size and/or location of the forms fields, the font and point size for text in the fields, etc.).

Such forms editing (as well as forms creation) may be done with Acrobat DC. (Reader can fill out and save forms but cannot create or edit forms field definitions!)

But again, be aware that if the creator of the form has protected the form against modification of the field definitions, unless you get the password from that person to remove the protection, you can't edit the field definitions.

- Dov

• 2. Re: What to buy to make a text box bigger?
            try67 MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Adobe Acrobat Standard is the cheapest application by Adobe that can do that.

• 3. Re: What to buy to make a text box bigger?
              rickhedin Level 1

Thanks, folks.  I know how to proceed now.