4 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2016 4:21 AM by Subash Asokan

Rotoscope

tomd1825

I tried to use the rotoscope feature in AE cc14 and what I noticed is that it will only scope about 2 or 3 seconds of my clip then I have to do it from when it ended,does anyone have an idea of what I am be doing wrong?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Rotoscope
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

an idea of what I am be doing wrong?

Well, to be blunt: You probably didn't read the help and don't understand how the Rotobrush is supposed to work. Based on what you describe there is nothing wrong. The RB isn't a fully automatic thing and adding inbetween frames is just perfectly normal. Well, whatever. I really think you should read the help.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Rotoscope
            Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

There are multiple ways to do rotoscoping in After Effects. I assume that you are referring to the Roto Brush tool (Mylenium also seems to be assuming this.)

You really, really need to go through some quality instruction on using it first. As you've found out, it's not as intuitive as it looks. I'd suggest you go through these resources. Also, in many jobs, the Roto Brush is only part of the solution. You will often have to augment it with some other things. Check this link out for some more rotoscoping tips.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Rotoscope
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you are using rotobrush you absolutely must go through the training. When you are having problems with a tool or a feature the best and fastest way to find out how to properly use the tool is to type the name of the tool "rotobrush" in the Search Help field at the top right corner of AE. It's the most powerful and least used feature for new and experienced users in AE.

1 person found this helpful