2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2016 8:56 AM by ericsbowman

    AdobeGCClient quit unexpectedly / Mac OS 10.10.5 / How can I fix this?

    ericsbowman Level 1

      Problem:

      I randomly get an annoying error message that reads "AdobeGCClient quit unexpectedly."

       

      Specs:

      After Effects 2014 v2014.2

      Mac OS 10.10.5

       

      More detail:

      I've quit using AE 2015 completely because it gives me too many headaches. After the latest update to AE 2014, I've noticed this error message popping up randomly. Sometimes it will crash, I'll click ok to send the report to Apple, and not 5 seconds later the same message will pop up. Other days I can go all day without an issue. It doesn't crash AE or mess anything up with my renders, but it's rather annoying to have this error dialog window pop up from time to time. I did not experience this issue with the previous version of 2014.

       

      Has anyone else had this issue?

        • 1. Re: AdobeGCClient quit unexpectedly / Mac OS 10.10.5 / How can I fix this?
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

          What update are you referring to? AE CC 2014 hasn't had any updates for quite some time. Well, updates to Camera RAW will show up as an update for AE, but it isn't really an AE update - it doesn't even change the build number of AE.

           

          Something else has likely caused that issue to start cropping up. Can you pinpoint any other changes to your computer recently? Any new software downloaded? Any new hardware installed? Any OS updates? Any other software updated?

          • 2. Re: AdobeGCClient quit unexpectedly / Mac OS 10.10.5 / How can I fix this?
            ericsbowman Level 1

            Not sure what update it was...just remembered seeing the update suggested in the CC app so I updated. You are probably right though...most likely just an update to the Camera RAW stuff.

             

            The 10.10.5 update was installed a while ago as well. I think the biggest change in my workflow is that I recently ditched using 2015...I'd say in the last month I've decided it's not worth using. I just don't recall having this particular error when I used 2014 months ago (approx. 6 months ago).

             

            Sorry. Not much help I suppose to pinpoint the issue. I was just hoping someone else might have experienced the same issue and found a solution.