5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2016 10:07 PM by Mihnea Ovidenie

How can i solve the problem exporting to SVG?

Oharaska

I been having problems exporting in SVG.

When i try to open in illustrator, it opens in a black file

Screen Shot 2016-04-28 at 11.12.33 AM.png

The original file in XD

Screen Shot 2016-04-28 at 11.15.11 AM.png

when i try to open in photoshop

Screen Shot 2016-04-28 at 11.18.19 AM.png

how can i solve the problem?

• 1. Re: How can i solve the problem exporting to SVG?
          stuart-k Adobe Employee

Hi Paul,

sorry about this. I've private messaged you my email address. If you could send the .xd and .svg file to me then we can look into this issue.

• 2. Re: How can i solve the problem exporting to SVG?
            jsk32

I'm having the same issue when exporting to SVG... This is critical to my business efforts and if I don't have a resolution to this today, I'm no longer using this product. Why is the response to this issue not PUBLIC???

I'm really shocked that this product would allow such an awful set of export options and bugs to go unanswered.@ !

• 3. Re: How can i solve the problem exporting to SVG?
              stuart-k Adobe Employee

Sorry that you've run into this, Jonathan. There are some issues with Illustrator reading the SVG which should be fixed in an upcoming release of Illustrator. (You can view the SVG in Chrome and Firefox where it (should) appear correctly.)

To work around this in the short-term you can export to PDF instead of SVG which will then open correctly in both Illustrator and Photoshop. You can then re-save as SVG from there, or do whatever you need to do.

XD is early software and available for free as a "Preview", so that we can get feedback and find bugs like this. Unfortunately we're not perfect and so these issues will appear. We're constantly working on the product, and I hope you will continue to use XD and help us make it better in every way

Hope this helps,

Stuart

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: How can i solve the problem exporting to SVG?
                jsk32 Level 1

Thanks for the quick follow up. To clarify, I own licenses for CS6 and CC as well as XD and Sketch. I truly love the XD integration with Prototyping tools but I primarily work out of Illustrator CS6 bc its my personal license.

The issue I was running into was when I export to SVG and import it into Illustrator CS6 or Sketch. I found a successful work around by opening it in Illustrator CC then saving it to as an AI CS6 file.

The work around with PDF, doesn't work well, because it only allows me to open one art board at a time and always breaks paragraphs of text into lines.

I'll keep my mind out for XD improvements but thus far, there's too much of a risk at this point to put all my design effort into XD.

Keep up the good work!

Jonathan

• 5. Re: How can i solve the problem exporting to SVG?
                  Mihnea Ovidenie Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi,

The latest version of Adobe Illustrator CC 2017 (version 21.0.0) should fix this issue. It would be great if you could upgrade and check it again.

Thanks,

M.