1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 29, 2016 7:20 AM by m_vargas

flash player installed, activated and yet not found?

iassu

Hello,

i got the newest version of flash player installed succsessfully. The tests on the support sites also say: it is installed.

The samsung monitor software CD i want to install, tells me afterwards, adobe flash player is not installed.

Indeed i cannot find it anywhere, neither under programs nor under programs x86.

And yet: showing all programs under system control for to deinstal it: here it exists, but i cannot do anything without to deinstal.

Thank you for clearing this mystery.

Andreas

• 1. Re: flash player installed, activated and yet not found?
          m_vargas Adobe Employee

Hi,

Flash Player is saved to the following location:

• 32-bit: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash
          • 64-bit: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash AND C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash

For Windows, there are 3 different player types:  ActiveX Control for IE, NPAPI for firefox and other NPAPI browsers, and PPAPI for Chrome and Chromium-based browsers.  I'm not familiar with the software you are attempting to install, however, most apps use the ActiveX Control.  Note that if your operating system is Windows 8 and above Microsoft embeds Flash Player ActiveX Control in the browser and there is on other installer for Flash Player ActiveX Control on these operating systems.

--

Maria