5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2016 9:59 PM by BKKDon

PLEASE HELP!! Lightroom auto adds preset to certain images.

Vi2NY

Hello,

my lightroom 5.7.1 auto adds a preset to certain images. I noticed it only adds a preset that makes images darker and really contrasty to images that are ISO800 1/125 of a second.

Its so bizarre all other images in the same date are fine. its only ones with that ISO and shutter speed. when I check the DNG file it is fine. if I hit reset to that image with preset it does not do anything. it thinks the preset is how it was shot.

Has anyone ever had anything like this happen?

Any help greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: PLEASE HELP!! Lightroom auto adds preset to certain images.
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What does “adds a preset” mean as far as what you differences you see in the user interface (UI)?  Can you give an example of the settings that are different when this “preset” being added vs when it hasn’t been, preferably for two different images that are both ISO 800 to make sure it’s not related to the fact you can purposely (or accidentally) customize the LR defaults for a particular ISO, just not a particular shutter speed.

• 2. Re: PLEASE HELP!! Lightroom auto adds preset to certain images.
            Vi2NY Level 1

I use 2 cameras, and this adjustment is only added to one of the cameras at ISO800. I actually made a mistake about the shutter speed. its only added to ISO800 what it does is. Exposure -.95, contract +10 (ill add image below of all adjustments).

I am able to correct this all to "0" or add any of my presets, but when I hit reset it resets back to the -.95 exposure and so on, its like lightroom thinks that the underexposed is the correct settings. when I check the DNG file, it is properly exposed, so its only in lightroom that this happens, for only ISO800 and only on one of my cameras.

Thanks in advance ssprengel

Screen Shot 2016-04-29 at 9.36.10 PM.png

• 3. Re: PLEASE HELP!! Lightroom auto adds preset to certain images.
              ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You've answered your original question about why things are acting the way they are, by having created a customized LR default for ISO 800, and this customized default is being applied to ISO 800 images when you import and when you click Reset.  Import and Reset are the normal situations when a LR default is applied.

What is your question, or what is it that you want changed?  Do you not want any customized default?  Do you want a single customized default for all cameras and all ISOs, or one camera and all ISOs?  Do you want a customized default for ISO 800 that is different than the current one?

• 4. Re: PLEASE HELP!! Lightroom auto adds preset to certain images.
                Vi2NY Level 1

I don't want any customized default applied to images on import, and the images that already have the default applied reset to normal (as shot).

Thank you in advance

• 5. Re: PLEASE HELP!! Lightroom auto adds preset to certain images.
                  BKKDon Level 4

Open an image in the Develop Module, the ones where the settings are being applied, from the Develop Menu choose "Set Default Settings ..." and then choose "Restore Adobe Default Settings"

LR Camera Default.jpg