4 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2016 3:13 PM by Corey.M.P

How to move canvas In Sketch?

Corey.M.P Level 1

Greetings,

Ive done a bit of searching on this and can't find anything about it.

My question is how do you move the canvas when you are zoomed in. I touch with two fingers and zoom in to the canvas and then want to move the canvas to other parts of the "page". I try to use two fingers to move to another part of the canvas but that triggers the undo/redo feature.  The only thing I've found to do is to zoom out and then zoom into another part of the page.

Does anyone know how to do this in Sketch?

Thanks for your time.

• 1. Re: How to move canvas In Sketch?
          Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Corey,

My apologies for taking so long to respond. I can't tell from your post whether you're trying to move the canvas someplace else, or move your art (on the canvas) to a different part of the same canvas.

But... both of those will be in the next version of Sketch (hopefully in a few weeks). Right now, it's really only possible to resize and move something on an image layer. I know that doesn't help what you're trying to do, but hopefully it will keep you from getting frustrated about not being able to figure out how to do it.

Hope that helps. Sorry again for taking so long to respond.

Sue.

• 2. Re: How to move canvas In Sketch?
            Corey.M.P Level 1

Hi Sue,

No problem, I just appreciate you getting back to me.

What I was saying is that I zoom in to the canvas and draw a little and then have to move the canvas itself to a portion that is blank. I'm not moving elements of the artwork, just trying to get to a place I haven't drawn on without having to zoom out, move the canvas, then zoom back in.

I hope that's more clear. Sounds like that's a function that will be coming?

Thanks again for getting back to me!

Corey

Sent from my iPhone

• 3. Re: How to move canvas In Sketch?
              Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Corey,

I see what you're saying, yea, you sort of have to move the canvas around while your zooming in and out. You never really have to go all the way out (in) but when you try to just move it... marks are left on the canvas.

I can say this... This function is much smoother in the next version of the app. Hopefully you can hang in there with it.

Sue.

• 4. Re: How to move canvas In Sketch?
                Corey.M.P Level 1

Hi Sue,

Thanks for your response. Sounds good. I'll wait for the update. It's just a little difficult since when I do the swipe with two fingers it triggers the "undo" previous strokes feature.

Looking forward to the update.

Corey

Sent from my iPhone