• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open Canon 1DX Mk II Raw files in Lightroom 6 [was: Raw files]

New Here ,
May 01, 2016 May 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just collected my Canon 1DX MKII, I took some images on the new Cfast card, but Lightroom 6 could not import them as it coudn't read the raw files, I checked to see if there was any updates and there were none. Is it because the camera is so new?. Any help appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , May 01, 2016 May 01, 2016

You need to update to the latest version of LR, version 6.5 if the standalone, or the 2015.5 for CC. Which version 6 do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to update to the latest version of LR, version 6.5 if the standalone, or the 2015.5 for CC. Which version 6 do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it because the camera is so new?.

Yes.

See Cameras supported by Adobe Camera Raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the error is “cannot be read” then your Destination in the Import panel is wrong or doesn’t have read/write permissions.

If the error is “unknown format” then you need to update LR to a newer version. The latest is LR 6.5.1. If you have LR 5 then need to payfor LR 6 or LR CC.

If you have LR 6 or LR CC already then you need to update to LR 2015/6.5.1. The usual way to do this is Help / Updates within LR. If that doesn’t work then you can download the LR 6.5.1 patch from here but only if you have LR 6/CC already: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2016 May 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many Thanks for the help I already had Lightroom 6, but have now updated to LR6.5.1. Problem solved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2016 May 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I've also got the 1dxii and notice that the smart previews don't show up but when i upload them they are there to edit, is this something anyone else has issues with ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 05, 2016 May 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You would be better to open a new thread as this has been marked as correct and will not tend to attract people to look t it again.

However, can you describe in more detail what you are actually doing as it is not clear from your description? What smart previews are we talking about, these are produced by LR at or after the time of import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines