6 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2016 8:06 AM by taganner

Cannot uninstall Lightroom 6

taganner

I cannot uninstall Lightroom 6. I have turned off the antivirus and firewall as suggested. The suggested cleanup software by Adobe seems to be related to the CC or CS programs, which do not apply to this stand alone version of Lightroom. Hoping to uninstall so that I can reinstall to remove some publishing configuration errors. Suggestions would be most appreciated!

• 1. Re: Cannot uninstall Lightroom 6
          F. McLion Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Please describe your problem in more details. It may not be necessary to uninstall LR.

Also, please let us know your OS.

• 2. Re: Cannot uninstall Lightroom 6
            taganner Level 1

Thanks for taking an interest. I am running Lightroom 6.5.1 (stand alone, not CC) on Windows 7, which I reformatted a few days ago. LR runs fine, on the whole, but when I start up the program, I am told "Lightroom needs to configure your system for the SmugMug plug-in." I can tell it okay, and the User Account Control asks me about making changes. Nothing has seemed to happen, so I opened Command Prompt as an Administrator and entered the necessary program location. Every time I open LR, the same message appears, though the publishing service IS functioning within the program, and I am able to publish from LR.  SmugMug told me that uninstalling and reinstalling LR would resolve the issue, so I tried that, and keep getting a message that LR is unable to uninstall. When I open LR after the failed attempt, it prompts me to sign in and I have to reenter my serial number.

So on the whole, everything works, but it concerns me that I cannot Uninstall LR when I want to, and it keeps giving me prompts to reconfigure my publishing service. Something is wrong somewhere, and I would like to straighten it all out.

I am reluctant to overwrite the installation, as i am currently running LR 6.5.1 through an online upgrade, but my installation file is LR 6.0

Any advice or insights will be most welcome. Thanks in advance!

• 3. Re: Cannot uninstall Lightroom 6

Did you install LR to its default path?

Preference file and other file locations | Lightroom CC and 6

What happens if you run Lightroom 'as Administrator'?

• 4. Re: Cannot uninstall Lightroom 6
                taganner Level 1

Yes, everything is set to their default paths. I am not sure what running LR as Administrator would have to do with my trying to uninstall the program. I have tried uninstalling in safe mode, and still get the uninstall error.

• 5. Re: Cannot uninstall Lightroom 6

If there is some kind of a permission error and LR is not allowed to store its configuration, than that would be possible when run as Admin. This would help in finding the cause of the issue.

• 6. Re: Cannot uninstall Lightroom 6
                    taganner Level 1

Running LR as an Administrator changes nothing in the configuration error. Back to the question about how to uninstall LR???