2 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2016 6:04 AM by dj_paige

Importing off of hardrive-- Missing images

kimberlynf68166906

I run MAC & have lightroom CC.

I stored the RAW files from a wedding on my hardrive, when double checking the folder in lightroom I realized I now am missing around 50 files that didn't import. I went to import the missing files off of the hardrive, dragging them over to import.

It now is showing this, saying there is no files.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? I'm still learning lightroom, but I've never encountered this error before.

Thank you in advance to anyone that may know what is going on!

Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 7.21.30 PM.png

• 1. Re: Importing off of hardrive-- Missing images
          Mohit Goyal Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi kimberlynf,

If the images are missing after importing in Lightroom and showing grey-out, then you can follow the below link to re-locate the missing images in Lightroom.

How to find missing photos in Photoshop Lightroom

Also, if you looking to re-import all the images again and they are showing grey-out on the import window, then you need to uncheck the option " Don't import suspected duplicates" from the File Handling menu.

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Mohit

• 2. Re: Importing off of hardrive-- Missing images
            dj_paige Level 9

Also, if you looking to re-import all the images again and they are showing grey-out on the import window, then you need to uncheck the option " Don't import suspected duplicates" from the File Handling menu.

Don't uncheck the option "Don't import suspect duplicates" because it only makes your problem worse, Lightroom is warning you that the photos are already in Lightroom, just probably not in the location (folder) you expect them to be. Most likely you have (accidentally?) imported the photos into a different folder. Your edits and keywords will not be imported by this method, and then you will have two copies, one with edits that is listed as missing in Lightroom, and one without edits that is not missing.

The proper method is to find the photos in the Lightroom Library module (use any one of the search techniques in Lightroom) in the different folder, then, if desired move the photos to the proper folder, and then if necessary re-link the "missing" photos in Lightroom, as explained above.

1 person found this helpful