5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2006 5:31 PM by kglad

Movie clip buttons getting stuck

riddy65
      Hey, I have created a couple movie clips for a map, that when the mouse is rolled over, it enlarges a star image, then displays a transparent box with information for a community. There's the summary, the problem is: when you view the exported movie, if you rollover too quick, the movie gets stuck at the "rollover", and does not jump to the "rollout" state like it should. Is this a code issue, or a frame rate issue possibly? I'm sure someone has ran into this problem before.

Thanks,
      Brandon
        • 1. Re: Movie clip buttons getting stuck
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          no, you can rollOver a button too quickly for the rollover to register, but once it registers the rollout will register (unless you dragout).
          • 2. Re: Movie clip buttons getting stuck
            riddy65 Level 1
            It seems kind of un professional though, that when you rollover something a little too quickly, maybe because your mouse accidentaly rolled over it en route to somwehre else on the page, and theres a bunch of animations stuck on your page. Which inturn, could make readablity difficult if they are overlapped?

Anyone else have any ideas? I did some research and foudn that maybe if I put the movie clip, on the "Over" state of a button, that I might be able to avoid this. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated!
            • 3. Re: Movie clip buttons getting stuck
              if you're having trouble with the rollOver state registering, there are work-arounds. if you're having trouble with the rollOut state, you have a programer problem that needs to be remedied. which problem are you having?
              • 4. Re: Movie clip buttons getting stuck
                riddy65 Level 1
                My Problem occurs because the buttons that are movie clips are small images of stars, that are only about a 1/2 inch apart. If someone is flinging thier mouse across one of the other buttons, the animations starts, but only shows what the "over is. Keep in mind, my buttons are movie clips, so the "over" state is about 5 frames of the movie clip, and the "out" animation is about 5 frames as well. If the mouse goes over it too quickly without sitting on the button, the animation starts, but then stops, until it's rolled over again. It's nto a big deal if the user is using the buttons properly, but i can see people doing it, then coming back to me saying it doesn't work right because the animations didn't go back to the normal state.
                • 5. Re: Movie clip buttons getting stuck
                  show relevent rollOver and rollOut code.