4 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2016 12:14 PM by JimHess

Unable to Printed Image with Edits

xstarchguy

Spent 2 hours with Epson customer service verifying the issue is not a printer one.  IF I make only one edit to an image, exposure, the resulting print shows the change.  After editing an image with exposure, white balance, presets, and OnOne adjustments - the printed result does not match what is on the screen.  Did a new monitor profile, checked all the page setup options (paper selection, color management ICM, ICC profile - no color adjustment) and still cannot match the screen.  Have also tried in PS with no luck.  Any suggestions? 

• 1. Re: Unable to Printed Image with Edits
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Simply choosing or creating a new profile isn't going to solve the problem. You need to calibrate the monitor. "Real" monitor calibration requires a hardware device. If you want to do what I call "pseudo" calibration then you can use the monitor adjustments which are part of your operating system. What you need to do is make the image on the screen look like what was printed. Then you can adjust the screen image accordingly so that it prints properly.

• 2. Re: Unable to Printed Image with Edits
            xstarchguy Level 1

Jim,

Did a monitor calibration with a x-Rite  i1 Display Pro.  Again, making only edit to an image, exposure, the resulting print shows the edit and pretty well matches the screen.  The problem I am having is after multiple edits, the colors do not represent the edits that I have made.  This is maddening as well as a huge waste of paper and ink.

Steve

• 3. Re: Unable to Printed Image with Edits
              xstarchguy Level 1

Jim,

Forgot to mention - did a print to an All in One Canon inexpensive printer with no profiles needed AND also just sent a jpeg of the image I am having problems with to Costco, with no specific profiles added and both turned out just like my screen.  Ripping my hair out!

Steve

• 4. Re: Unable to Printed Image with Edits
                JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Some things to check and consider:

1. Make sure you are using the right paper profile.

2. Make sure you are not double-managing your print job. Make sure that neither color management is turned off in Lightroom or in your printer driver.

3. Perform a cleaning on your printer to ensure that all print nozzles are functioning properly.

What happens when you soft proof an image? Do you see the color mismatch?