2 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2006 9:26 AM by Newsgroup_User

Viewing items outside document area

Just got Fireworks 8, and having a problem. Say you make a new file 400px by 400px... The rest of the window (the grey area). How can I be able to view that area. In fireworks mx I used to place items there that I wasn't using but wanted handy. How can I make that grey area so that I can place picture on it, but wont actually be included in the actual export .jpg....My fireworks mx did it fine, but they must have changed something...

Let me know...
      Thanks,
      J
        • 1. Re: Viewing items outside document area
          Level 7
          J,

As far as I can remember that area has always behaved the same. You can
          put objects out there you just can't see them. If you do a Select All it
          will show you the points of all your objects including the ones in the
          grey area. That is how I find them.

alex

jasonwsaz wrote:
          > Just got Fireworks 8, and having a problem. Say you make a new file 400px by
          > 400px... The rest of the window (the grey area). How can I be able to view
          > that area. In fireworks mx I used to place items there that I wasn't using but
          > wanted handy. How can I make that grey area so that I can place picture on it,
          > but wont actually be included in the actual export .jpg....My fireworks mx did
          > it fine, but they must have changed something...
          >
          > Let me know...
          > Thanks,
          > J
          >
          • 2. Re: Viewing items outside document area
            Level 7
            jasonwsaz wrote:
            > Just got Fireworks 8, and having a problem. Say you make a new file 400px by
            > 400px... The rest of the window (the grey area). How can I be able to view
            > that area. In fireworks mx I used to place items there that I wasn't using but
            > wanted handy. How can I make that grey area so that I can place picture on it,
            > but wont actually be included in the actual export .jpg....My fireworks mx did
            > it fine, but they must have changed something...

No, this is working as designed and has not changed since Fireworks 1.

--
            St�phane Bergeron
            reach : connect : communicate
            http://www.webfocusdesign.com
            blog : tutorials : articles : gallery
            http://www.pixelyzed.com