8 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2016 10:26 AM by susanmayne

Collection selections disappear

susanmayne

i just started using LR Mobile yesterday. I had a Collection of 56 photos that I synced successfully with both my iPhone and iPad. Then I decided to add 15 more photos to my collection at the last minute, using the Collection as a targeted collection and the shortcut B On my computer.

I left for my meeting and when I got there my LR mobile on my iPad only had the new 15 photos. My iPhone still had my original 56 selections. At my meeting I flagged some of my photos as picks. When I returned home my LR Mobile updated to look the same as my iPad (only the latest 15 photos) and my computer did the same. So, I am left without the 56 photos or the flagging. What happened???

• 1. Re: Collection selections disappear
          99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi susan, I’m assuming you should have a collection of 71 photos on both devices. Do all photos show up on Lightroom web? That would indicate whether all the smart previews have been properly generated.

https://lightroom.adobe.com/

• 2. Re: Collection selections disappear
            susanmayne Level 1

No, all three locations (iMac, iPad & iPhone) wound up with 15 photos.  I haven't used Lightroom web.  Everything seemed fine until I added the extra photos.  Wouldn't I have had to highlighted all the photos in the Collection and hit delete to get them out of the Collection?  I can't imagine I did that by mistake.

There is one switch that I don't know what it does exactly Online/Offline Status.  I may have turned that on & off.

Thanks for answering.  Any other ideas?

Susan

• 3. Re: Collection selections disappear
              susanmayne Level 1

Thanks for the link.  I'm not sure what it is exactly but I'll check it out.  Since I recreated my Collection I'm not sure at what point what is on that link was created.  As you can see, I'm very confused by it all.  I thought I had turned off synching (at the Identity Plate I put it on pause) but when I went back in to find what the switch was called (Online/Offline Status) LR mobile seems to have updated.

• 4. Re: Collection selections disappear

LR web is automatic. It's just an additional way of sharing, if you want to give people a link after marking a sync'd collection public. But even if you arn't sharing publicly it gives you a good overview when you sign-in.

• 5. Re: Collection selections disappear
                  susanmayne Level 1

The link shows 31 photos but I'm not sure at what point it grabbed them.  There were only 15 on all three devices this morning.  Any idea how the deletions occurred?  I'm afraid to use LR Mobile now.

• 6. Re: Collection selections disappear

Nothing should be lost, if all images are in your collection in Lightroom on the desktop. It’s possible to delete all mobile data and then re-sync. Go to:

Edit >> Preferences >> Lightroom Mobile (tab) on Windows or

Lightroom >> Preferences >> Lightroom Mobile (tab) on Mac

• 7. Re: Collection selections disappear
                      susanmayne Level 1

The images are fine.  They were in another Collection so I recreated the Collection that I had synched to LR Mobile.  Are you suggesting that my Collection was as I wanted it on LR web and it just hadn't updated correctly to my devices? 

So, I think you are suggesting that I delete all the mobile info and start over with mobile and that I should do that through the Preferences.

• 8. Re: Collection selections disappear
                        susanmayne Level 1

Thank you for your help.  I deleted all the Mobile data and can start fresh.  I just wish I knew how it happened so it won't happen in the future.  Is this a common problem?  What do you think I did wrong?