Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Image Quality

Contributor ,
May 03, 2016 May 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had a Frame document, converted it to RoboHelp (Webhelp) and converted that to Word to PDF.

Some, not all, of the images in the PDF are blurry.  Those same images are very clear in the Frame, .html and Word docs. This tells me something's screwy with the PDF (right?)

I've played with the PDF settings in Word and couldn't find a good enough fix.  The best I came up with is changing the quality to "high quality print" and that seemed to help only some images but tripled my file size, which isn't a good thing.  I'm really at a loss here.  Am I stuck with a large file size?  Also, when I create a PDF of a single page - the images on that page are perfect.  It's only when I create a PDF from the whole file that quality degrades.

During the RH conversion from Frame - images were re-saved and re-numbered because they were originally copied into FrameMaker, not referenced.  I might have to dig up the original image files and see if replacing them in RH and regenerating the PDF will solve the issue.......only because I can't think of what else to do.  I'm really dragging my feet on that solution (err...test) because that will be several days of work and I will have to go through hundreds (HUNDREDS) of images in various folders and see if I can match them up.  

Any ideas?

Robohelp 11 Webhelp, Word 2010

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 03, 2016 May 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are any of the images resized within RH itself? the image quality is garbage when RH does the resizing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2016 May 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not quite true that RoboHelp resizing is rubbish. If you right click an image and select Image Properties, then sometimes it is OK and sometimes it is unacceptable. However, the better way in RoboHelp is to use the ReSize Tool. In RoboHelp 2015 it is Tools > Toolbox. Using that gives a much better quality image.

Of course, there is a limit to how much any image can be resized but ReSize works well.

Peter Grainge

See <http://www.grainge.org/> www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

Twitter @PeterGrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp