14 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2016 12:53 PM by Sue Garibaldi

Sending Draw file to Illustrator CC

daniely69199162

I am working on Draw (3.2.1) and want to send a file from my iPad Pro to my desktop Mac running Illustrator CC  (which I just got a license for).  I have my Creative Cloud account open under the same username (e-mail) and password on both my Mac and my iPad.  I choose the "Send to Illustrator CC" button on my iPad (within the Draw app).  I get a rotating circle while it is sending, and the circle stops after a few seconds -- at which time I get a message on my Desktop iMac that says:
      Send to Desktop

Unable to open file.

Try again later.

I have tried restarting and logging out of both my Mac and iPad and re-logging in to my CC account on both machines.  Always get the same message on my Desktop computer.

I'm wanting to edit the files I made using Draw on my iPad on my desktop computer running Illustrator CC.

I am totally new to Creative Cloud.  Wish I could get it to work.

Dan Y

• 1. Re: Sending Draw file to Illustrator CC
          Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Dan,

Are you getting a Sent! notification in Draw?

Sue.

• 3. Re: Sending Draw file to Illustrator CC

Dan,

OK, Is it happening with just one canvas? Or with every canvas you try to send? Can you try something for me? Do some quick scribbles on a canvas then try Send to Illustrator CC

Let me know what happens.

Sue.

• 4. Re: Sending Draw file to Illustrator CC
              daniely69199162 Level 1

I clicked on the new doc icon within Draw to get a new canvas and scribbled on it (single draw layer).  Tried to send it and got the exact same response.  Sent! on my iPad screen followed by "Send to Desktop" "Unable to open file." on my desktop.

• 5. Re: Sending Draw file to Illustrator CC

OK Daniel,

A couple of things I'd like you to check:

1. Can you make sure you're using v3.6.0.248 of the Creative Cloud Desktop App (you can see the version by clicking on the CC icon on your desktop, then Preferences) and that you're running Illustrator CC v19.2.1.

Then, try opening Illustrator CC and on the home screen, that gives you an option of starting a new artboard, look for a tab called Mobile Creations . Is that tab there? Is your work in it?

Ai_MobileCreations.png

Let me know.

Sue.

• 6. Re: Sending Draw file to Illustrator CC
                  daniely69199162 Level 1

Hi Sue,

First, thank you so much!

I have the latest CC software, but my Illustrator CC is version 19.0.0.  I am currently updating it. Keeping my fingers crossed.  Will get right back with you.

Dan

• 7. Re: Sending Draw file to Illustrator CC
                    daniely69199162 Level 1

Hi Sue,

Again thanks for all the help.  I just found out that I cannot update my version of Illustrator CC as our IT department has a block on individuals updating software.  They said they should have the update pushed through by this Friday -- so I'll have to wait.  I really appreciate your help -- don't give up on me!

Dan

• 8. Re: Sending Draw file to Illustrator CC

Daniel.

Definitely let me know. I'll be waiting to hear from you.

One thing, since you mentioned your "company": You might ask them about any firewalls... sometimes they interfere with sending to desktop from mobile. Have you ever tried sending from a wireless connection outside your office? Just a thought.

Keep me posted.

Sue.

• 9. Re: Sending Draw file to Illustrator CC
                        daniely69199162 Level 1

Hi Sue,

My college's IT can be slow (or my issue was simply of low priority given this is finals time), but IT did manage to get Illustrator upgraded.  As far as I am concerned, it works.  Meaning, I can get my drawings made with Draw from the Cloud in Illustrator.  However, I still get the message"Unable to open file".  Now for the first time is see the selection "Mobile Creations."  This is how I can now get my work into Illustrator.  My problem may be that I'm working with the iPadPro.  I noticed in the "Presets" there is no preset for the iPadPro.

Anyway, I can get what I need, albeit not as cool as having it simply "appear" in Illustrator when I send it from my iPad.

Thanks!

• 10. Re: Sending Draw file to Illustrator CC
                          fantomentova

It was almost the same for me for daniely69199162 :

"I am working on Draw (3.2.1) and want to send a file from my iPad Pro to my desktop Mac running Illustrator CC  (which I just got a license for).  I have my Creative Cloud account open under the same username (e-mail) and password on both my Mac and my iPad.  I choose the "Send to Illustrator CC" button on my iPad (within the Draw app).  I get a rotating circle while it is sending, and the circle stops after a few seconds -- at which time I get a message on my Desktop iMac that says:
                          Send to Desktop

Unable to open file.

Try again later."

Only I have a new computer and an iPad Pro. When it did work I had my old computer and an ordinary sized iPad.

I have all the latest versions that Sue Garibaldi described you should have. And I got on the iPad a sign that said "Sent!"

• 11. Re: Sending Draw file to Illustrator CC

Hi Fantometova,

A couple of things:

Have you tried signing out, restarting, and signing back in... to both the Creative Cloud Desktop App AND in Adobe Draw? Then trying again to send?

Also, can you see your Mobile Creations when you open Illustrator CC?

Make sure you're using Illustrator CC (v19.2.1) and the Creative Cloud Desktop App (3.6.0.248).

Then, just open Illustrator CC. On the splash screen you'll see a Mobile Creations tab.  Click that. Your mobile work should be there. (The attached image is what the desktop will look like.)

Let me know how things go.

Sue.

Draw_AiMobileCreations.png

1 person found this helpful
                            • 12. Re: Sending Draw file to Illustrator CC

Daniel.

I'm glad the Mobile Creations tab is working for you. But about not being able to Send to Desktop from the app... Did you ever investigate a firewall? Do you try sending from a wireless connection from outside of work?

Sue.

• 13. Re: Sending Draw file to Illustrator CC
                                twins0214

I had the same problem with correct software and app version. If I send from Adobe Draw to Illustrator as "copy to creative cloud" and then open in the mobile creations it works and the layers are saved. Sending straight to Illustrator and photoshop does not work.

How do I get to that welcome screen without having to reopen illustrator everytime?

• 14. Re: Sending Draw file to Illustrator CC

Hi Twins,

Right now, there's no way to access that Start Workspace without restarting Ai. That will very likely be addressed in an update to Illustrator CC and the Creative Cloud Desktop App (the Mobile Creations space is pretty new and isn't even a part of other desktop apps yet).

Hope that helps.

Sue.