Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp crashes when deleting a linked FrameMaker book

Explorer ,
May 03, 2016 May 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I'm working on RoboHelp 2015 on Windows 7 and I'm getting RoboHelp crashes when I attempt to delete a particular FrameMaker book from the RoboHelp Project in the Project Manager. The FrameMaker book has about 17 files (standard Cover, TOC, chapter files, glossary, and index). I'm able to delete other similar books, but when I get to this one, RH crashes -- every time. The error message is, "Adobe RoboHelp 2015 has stopped working." The only recourse is to close the window.

The RH project is just a couple months old (created on RH 2015). But the FrameMaker files have been around for years, and converted to FM 2015 from at least FM 9 if not earlier, and they have several conditional text settings.

Any ideas how to fix this?

I checked the log files, but they don't mean much to me:

<ProblemSignatures>

<EventType>APPCRASH</EventType>

<Parameter0>RoboHTML.exe</Parameter0>

<Parameter1>12.0.0.306</Parameter1>

<Parameter2>5550e7cd</Parameter2>

<Parameter3>RoboHTML.exe</Parameter3>

<Parameter4>12.0.0.306</Parameter4>

<Parameter5>5550e7cd</Parameter5>

<Parameter6>c0000005</Parameter6>

<Parameter7>0001975e</Parameter7>

</ProblemSignatures>

Any help would be much appreciated!

Kate

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2016 May 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

I'm happy to report the issue has been resolved. My RoboHelp installation was fairly recent (<4 months), but there were updates available. So...I updated the Tech Comm 2015 suite, including RoboHelp. I'm now on RH version 12.0.3.428, and I'm no longer getting crashes. If anyone has a theory about what might have happened, I'd love to hear it (always like to get to the root of the issue if possible).

Cheers,

-k

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2016 May 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having this same problem. I recently upgraded from TCS 4.0 to TCS 2015 (on Windows 8). I've had to start brand new RH and FM templates from scratch since I kept running into issues updating my existing templates from TCS 4.0.

In RH, I have the new, TCS 2015-created FM book linked in the Project Manager. When attempting to delete said book, I get the "Adobe RoboHelp 2015 has stopped working" message. I tried katew27494769's suggestion of updating my TCS (I'm also now on 12.0.3.428), but am still getting the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp