6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2017 3:48 PM by trshaner

Creating 1:1 Previews AFTER importing is done

KostFan2 Level 1

To sped up reviewing of images AFTER importing is done, how can I create 1:1 previews AFTER the RAW files have been imported into LightRoom CC?

I am using Windows 10 with Lightroom CC and 32 GB of RAM

• 1. Re: Creating 1:1 Previews AFTER importing is done
          Mohit Goyal Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi KostFan,

Under the Library module, select the images which you want to create 1:1 preview.

Click on Library menu on the top menu bar >> Previews >> Build 1:1 Preview

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Mohit

2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Creating 1:1 Previews AFTER importing is done
            Alfred Pennyworth Level 4

When you are importing the photos, at the top of the panel right hand side, there is a drop down box allowing you to build a specific preview. You can set this for minimal, embedded or 1:1. Just choose another option for the fastest preview other than 1:1 then you can use the solouion given by Mohit to give you the 1:1 preview.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Creating 1:1 Previews AFTER importing is done
              trshaner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

KostFan2 wrote:

To sped up reviewing of images AFTER importing is done, how can I create 1:1 previews AFTER the RAW files have been imported into LightRoom CC?

1:1 Previews are normally not required for reviewing and culling images on initial import. Selecting 'Build-Standard Sized Previews' will speed the preview building process considerably and allow reviewing images up to full-screen size in Fit Zoom view. You can also do this during Import as

After processing a set of images in the Develop module you will need to rebuild the previews by 1) selecting those image files and 2) using menu Library> Previews and selecting Standard or 1:1 Previews. For critical comparison of images for sharpness and noise you'll want to build 1:1 Previews. For evaluation of image composition, exposure, toning, and color Standard Previews are more than adequate. Clicking on an image in the Library Loupe window will launch it in 1:1 Zoom mode and automatically build the 1:1 Preview.

• 5. Re: Creating 1:1 Previews AFTER importing is done
                GLGracey

Have selected three images in Library, which were imported as Minimal. I would like to change to Standard Preview. As you directed, I clicked on Library/Previews/Build Standard-Sized Previews. I get the following message: No standard previews were built. All Standard Previews were up to date. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks. Lorraine Gracey

• 6. Re: Creating 1:1 Previews AFTER importing is done
                  trshaner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

When you import with 'Minimal' preview it is used in the Library Grid mode. Once you view a "single" image in the Library Loupe mode a Standard size Preview is built automatically.