3 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2016 7:11 AM by Szalam

After Effects only $29.99?

Palisades-Web Level 1

I want to buy After Effects. I was expecting to have to shell out a few hundred dollars, then I see that you pay by the month. Weird! What does that mean? What happens if I pay for JUST one month? What happens after that? Does my software cease to work? Or do I just not get access to updates?

• 1. Re: After Effects only $29.99?
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Check the contract. It's a one year commitment. You can use a trial version for 30 days for free. It's exactly the same as the paid version. There is no difference. If you are a full time student and you have credentials qualify for an educational discount and there is also no difference at all in the software. If you have any questions get someone from Adobe Sales on the phone and clarify before you buy.

• 2. Re: After Effects only $29.99?
            Palisades-Web Level 1

Then what is the 12-month plan which is $15.99?  The 1-month plan is $29.99.

• 3. Re: After Effects only $29.99?
              Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

To answer your initial question, if your subscription stops, the software will eventually stop working until your subscription becomes active again. You will not lose any files on your local machine though.

As far as pricing goes, talk with Adobe sales or look at the website from your computer. Because the pricing is different depending on where you live.