5 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2016 9:10 AM by jeffery wright

Worklfow to create MP4?

jeffery wright Level 1

I need an MP4 of an animated illustration I created in AnimateCC. Seems easy enough, Adobe is multimedia savvy software, so I'll just export one from AnimateCC.

First hurdle: AnimateCC will only export to Quicktime? Well, okay... I'll just deal with the extra steps since I can then covert it in Media Encoder, right?

Wrong. From Media Encoder:

The file ExportedVideo.mov could not be imported. Source file has no importable streams. Please check that its a valid video/audio file.

Is this a sick, elaborate prank?

Shouldn't expensive, state of the art software make our lives easier, instead of a long series of comical barriers?

• 1. Re: Worklfow to create MP4?
          ClayUUID Adobe Community Professional

Actually you can export in any video type supported by AME, though the software does a terrible job of communicating this. Just wait for AME to come up, then change the Export setting (first column) to whatever you want.

I would recommend submitting a feature request that they revise the verbiage of this dialog to not imply that you can only export an MOV.

• 2. Re: Worklfow to create MP4?
            jeffery wright Level 1

Thanks for responding, I appreciate it.

AME? Do you mean Media Encoder CC?

When I export video, there is only one format option. When it is done, then AnimateCC shows this error message:

When I try to drag the exported video into Media Encoder CC I get this:

The file MyExportedVideo.mov could not be imported. Source file has no importable streams. Please check that its a valid video/audio file.

There are no options, or columns, what exactly do you mean? What is the workflow path you are referring to?

Why not simply Export to MP4 from AnimateCC? Who still uses Quicktime?

Thanks.

• 3. Re: Worklfow to create MP4?
              Colin Holgate MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Do you have QuickTime installed? It can still do a lot of things that MP4 cannot do, and Animate is using some of those abilities. Animate has to get the animation out in a format that AME can then deal with, it would not make sense to build all of AME into Animate.

• 4. Re: Worklfow to create MP4?
                ClayUUID Adobe Community Professional

When I export video, after I click the Export button in Animate's Export Video dialog, it launches AME and displays this dialog:

ameexport.png

As you can see, the dropdown allows selecting whatever export format you'd like.

• 5. Re: Worklfow to create MP4?
                  jeffery wright Level 1

Thanks for the responses.

I have QT installed, I get this from AnimateCC when I export video of a very simple animated graphic:

When I try to drag it into Media Encoder, I get this:

This is identical to a sick joke, Adobe is a hindrance to getting work done.

I have deadlines I am going to miss because I am screwing around with what should be a simple operation. Unbelievable.